Greetings from New York

Meringue

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined this site and can hardly wait to learn more and ask some questions. I am completely new to the vending business and am in my researching phase. I'm trying to figure out where to start and am also interested in finding out how everyone secures a location. I'm in NY City by the way..

Welcome to the forum you are definetly in the rite place,I hope all your questions could be answerd here.Im one of the vendors from N.Y. please dont hesitate to pm. me if you have any questions.

Good Luck and Good Selling!

Rick Falcon.

Thank you all, I definitely feel welcome. I've been researching vending companies with healthy options and would like to work with schools & gyms/health clubs. How difficult is it to get into these locations in ny? How do I find out how much money I can make in a location?

Thank you all, I definitely feel welcome. I've been researching vending companies with healthy options and would like to work with schools & gyms/health clubs. How difficult is it to get into these locations in ny? How do I find out how much money I can make in a location?

If you are looking at some of the "branded" type machines, as with anything, there are positive and negative things about this business model. Which companies are you looking at? I've looked at several very closely and instead wound up doing a couple on my own.

I've been looking at h.u.m.a.n vending and also looked at naturals2go however the sales 'representative' completely turned ne off by asking me to use credit cards to buy their machines since they don't offer financing..

I've been looking at h.u.m.a.n vending and also looked at naturals2go however the sales 'representative' completely turned ne off by asking me to use credit cards to buy their machines since they don't offer financing..

I don't know much about h.u.m.a.n., but it can't be much different than Yonaturals or Fresh Healthy Vending. Fresh Healthy is a franchise concept. They all provide a "business in a box", some sort of graphics package and branding, they probably get more out of developing the brand awareness than you do. Some location assistance, which may or may not be profitable based on your investment in equipment. Remember if you buy into this concept that you will pay about 3X more for the machines than you would by buying new on your own from a distributor. 4X or more if you find a good used one somewhere. This makes the bar to be profitable, much less cash flow, much harder to get over. Unless, that is, you are willing and have a mountain of cash to dump into the startup phase. You will also be shown/told where you can get your product, most likely UNFI, a distributor for the natural and organic foods markets. If you choose to do only a few machines then you might have problems with inventory management, too much product and not enough machines to move it before it expires.

You might also be contractually bound to selling only products that the company you go with "approves".

There is a reason this business model is marketed primarily to people with little or no experience in the vending industry. Experienced vendors are not willing to pay this much of a premium for what these companies bring to the table. The market for this is growing and will continue to grow over time but there are ways to be able to offer these products at a much lower investment.

If you are aware of the fact that you will overpay and that your ROI might (depending on your accounts) be much longer than the industry norm in exchange for the assistance they provide then give it some serious consideration. If you are not willing to do this then don't.

Archived