cleaning condensor coils?

dogcow

How do you guys clean the condensor coils on a stack soda machine (DN for example) , vacuum? wire brush? should i turn the compressor off ?

the evaporator coils doesnt seem to get as dirty because its situated under the delivery ramp but same question for that i guess

How do you guys clean the condensor coils on a stack soda machine (DN for example) , vacuum? wire brush? should i turn the compressor off ?

the evaporator coils doesnt seem to get as dirty because its situated under the delivery ramp but same question for that i guess

Evap coils rarely, if ever, need to be cleaned. Condensor coils on the other hand should be down at least twice a year. The best way is a matter of opinion.

Power washer - great if you are at the shop and can leave it unplugged until it thoroughly dries

High powered compressed air - We used to use Co2 tanks back in the day. It will get all the loose dust out but WILL MAKE A MESS and may even set off smoke detectors. Not recommended to do this on location

Vacuum - while kinda does work you need a real good vacuum and you will need to keep up with it.

Brush - Unless the front is caked and you are using a fin comb don't even waste your time.

Coil Cleaner - Good coil cleaner can work surprisingly well. It can also lower you condensor temps after you clean the coils. Cheap good coil cleaner stinks to high heaven and your customers will not be pleased if you use it in a lunch room or office. You should use an FDA approved coil cleaner which will cost significantly more but will give you the out if the location complains.

Evap coils rarely, if ever, need to be cleaned. Condensor coils on the other hand should be down at least twice a year. The best way is a matter of opinion.

Power washer - great if you are at the shop and can leave it unplugged until it thoroughly dries

High powered compressed air - We used to use Co2 tanks back in the day. It will get all the loose dust out but WILL MAKE A MESS and may even set off smoke detectors. Not recommended to do this on location

Vacuum - while kinda does work you need a real good vacuum and you will need to keep up with it.

Brush - Unless the front is caked and you are using a fin comb don't even waste your time.

Coil Cleaner - Good coil cleaner can work surprisingly well. It can also lower you condensor temps after you clean the coils. Cheap good coil cleaner stinks to high heaven and your customers will not be pleased if you use it in a lunch room or office. You should use an FDA approved coil cleaner which will cost significantly more but will give you the out if the location complains.

shop vac it is!

thanks for the info.

actually ive never used coil cleaner, does it need to be washed off, how does it work? also what brand would recommend?

Sorry, never saw this response. I would need to double check the coil cleaner name that we use. It is an FDA approved and doesn't smell all that bad. Basically you turn off the compressor, spray on the coil cleaner, let it sit, turn on the compressor and you are good to go.

But if your compressors aren't bad vacuum while using a stiff wisk broom

Archived