Silver Coins

biggmike

Oh, and by the way, I bought a cup of coffee this morning for "89 one hundredths of a dollar".

You have places that sell coffee for under a buck? I mean 89% of a dollar is dirt cheap. And what are you, an insomniac? You posted that at 6:30 this morning.

You have places that sell coffee for under a buck? I mean 89% of a dollar is dirt cheap. And what are you, an insomniac? You posted that at 6:30 this morning.

My local gas station has it for 89 one hundredths of a dollar, any size! Unfortunately, it is also usually 89 one hundredths of a day old!

Also, at 6:30, I am 47 one hundredths of a day done.

My local gas station has it for 89 one hundredths of a dollar, any size! Unfortunately, it is also usually 89 one hundredths of a day old!

Also, at 6:30, I am 47 one hundredths of a day done.

You start your day at 6:10 pm?

• 1 month later...

I found this coin while servicing yesterday. I almost paid it out in commission. It is the coin on the right. It says .999 fine silver. This is a higher content of a regular silver quarter, correct?

So, does it make it worth more?

Mine is a 2005.

Also, does anybody know why they are stamped with "COPY" in them. Are they real or not?

Bub,

These are not real. They are non-monetary coins that were privately minted by the National Collectors Mint. They are basically a kind of "what if" collectors item and you can buy these online for around 5 bucks.

So on one hand, you don't have a real monetary coin but on the other, you have an item that retails for $5. Also, this coin is not solid silver. It is clad with 27mg of silver.

• 4 weeks later...

After a year and a half of vending, I got my first silver coin yesterday. A 1957 quarter. The silver and gold bubble doesn't really interest me so I sold it today for a 500% profit.grin.gif

Archived