Silver Coins

biggmike

Do any of you find (or even look for) silver coins in your take. With 1964 or earlier silver quarter worth about $4 each I would think you would. Just wondering. Thanks

Do any of you find (or even look for) silver coins in your take. With 1964 or earlier silver quarter worth about $4 each I would think you would. Just wondering. Thanks

I used to find a few every month but with the price of silver being what it is everyone must be looking for them. I have not found any in over a year now.

I used to find a few every month but with the price of silver being what it is everyone must be looking for them. I have not found any in over a year now.

I usually find a few every month.

Just to bring you up to speed, with silver closing at $37.67, the value of a silver quarter is $6.81. To answer your question, yes I look and yes I find them. Not as many as I used too. I am waiting for the $50.00 an ounce level to unload a few.

Wow!!! Didn't know they were worth that much. Thanks for the replies.

<_< I guess if you have many locations and many machines then you are likely to find them. That may be why I have not found any.

You'll find some. When i last checked awhile back they were in the low $6's ($6.81 go baby go!)....I have around 40 total hanging around. I don't actively look for them, but I hand roll all of the change, and they are visibly unique when your looking at them compared to the pile in front of you. I find some during counting, and others when I collect from the machine, because you can hear it fall in the bag. It has a very distinct ping!

You'll find some. When i last checked awhile back they were in the low $6's ($6.81 go baby go!)....I have around 40 total hanging around. I don't actively look for them, but I hand roll all of the change, and they are visibly unique when your looking at them compared to the pile in front of you. I find some during counting, and others when I collect from the machine, because you can hear it fall in the bag. It has a very distinct ping!

I check every quarter and find silver quarters probably 4-5 month. The rarity factor is huge and should bring a premium. The year and mint location and condition don't matter anymore?

I check every quarter and find silver quarters probably 4-5 month. The rarity factor is huge and should bring a premium. The year and mint location and condition don't matter anymore?

No, not really, the melt value of the silver will in most case be worth far more than the coin as a collectors items unless you find some in mint condition.

Just to bring you up to speed, with silver closing at $37.67, the value of a silver quarter is $6.81. To answer your question, yes I look and yes I find them. Not as many as I used too. I am waiting for the $50.00 an ounce level to unload a few.

This guy believes that Silver will hit almost $200. He has a good presentation but I think his views are a little extreme. It's about 30 minutes if you care to watch.

Click here

No, not really, the melt value of the silver will in most case be worth far more than the coin as a collectors items unless you find some in mint condition.

look up the value of a 1932S Silver Quarter, I would never sell one of those for it's weight in silver, last I checked one in good condition was well over $200.00

This guy believes that Silver will hit almost $200. He has a good presentation but I think his views are a little extreme. It's about 30 minutes if you care to watch.

Click here

I have watched this before mission. Scary stuff.......for sure.

I have watched this before mission. Scary stuff.......for sure.

It certainly is sobering. I just can`t buy into something like this that is totally doom and gloom. He has absolutely nothing positive to say about this country. There is no doubt we are facing some serious issues. Maybe I`m too much of an optimist but I believe a solution that does not inolve riots in the streets is possble. We`ve just got to get our elected leaders to get serious about the issues at hand or get some that will.

That`s enough pontificating for now :)

With silver at 37.67, a silver quarter is worth about 6.00, not 6.81. When dealers are offering you a price they only consider the silver content. The formula for this is:

(Silver Price * .69) - 2.00 = Value of Silver Dollar / 4 = Value of Silver Quarter

I always am on the lookout for silver, I usually find at least 1 per day and I found three the other day alone. You never know when a kid will empty out Dad's coin collection and pump it in your machine. Silver quarters also have a distinctive ping sound and you can acquire an ear for them.

Also, separate out the Canadian and other foreign currencies. Canadian quarters are actually worth a shade more than US right now, and the coin counters at most banks do not count the foreign coins in your total. Just goes to show you how crazy our economy is. I remember when Canadian money was 35% less than US when I was a kid and I lived like a king on vacation up at St. Lawrence with $25 US or $35 Canadian. :)

Canadian quarters are actually worth a shade more than US right now, and the coin counters at most banks do not count the foreign coins in your total. Just goes to show you how crazy our economy is. I remember when Canadian money was 35% less than US when I was a kid and I lived like a king on vacation up at St. Lawrence with $25 US or $35 Canadian. :)

I used to buy a lot of my DVDs from Canada back in the day because it was cheaper than buying the US version.

Hey mister know it all. Heres the formula. There is .7234 oz of silver in every one dollar worth of silver face value. With silver at $37.67, just to help you out, that would be $37.67 x .7234 = $ 27.25 per $1.00 of face value. You then take $27.25 and divide it by 4, since a quarter is 25% of a dollar. Guess what that comes out to be Einstein? Oh my, $6.81, just like I reported in my original post. Wonder how you are able to figure out commission!!!

I'm no Einstein but allow me to simplify.

As of today, silver is worth $1.37 per gram. There are 5.625 grams in a silver quarter, thus the silver quarter is worth about $7.71.

Again, you guys think way too much.

Silver Coin Melt Value Calculation

Submitted on April 5, 2011.

1932_silver_quarter.jpgValues Entered:

Quantity:

1 Coin

Type: 1932-1964 Washington Quarter

Silver Price: $38.57 / troy ounce

Answer:

Total silver value is $6.98.

Statistics:

There are 0.1808 troy ounces of silver in 1 silver Washington quarter(s).

Each Washington quarter contains 0.1808 troy ounces of silver and is valued at $6.98 when silver is at $38.57 / ounce.

A roll of Washington quarters has 40 coins and is valued at $279.01 when silver is at $38.57 / ounce.

coinflation.com

Silver Coin Melt Value Calculation

Submitted on April 5, 2011.

1932_silver_quarter.jpgValues Entered:

Quantity:

1 Coin

Type: 1932-1964 Washington Quarter

Silver Price: $38.57 / troy ounce

Answer:

Total silver value is $6.98.

Statistics:

There are 0.1808 troy ounces of silver in 1 silver Washington quarter(s).

Each Washington quarter contains 0.1808 troy ounces of silver and is valued at $6.98 when silver is at $38.57 / ounce.

A roll of Washington quarters has 40 coins and is valued at $279.01 when silver is at $38.57 / ounce.

coinflation.com

This is simply not true.

Fact: As of yesterday, silver is worth $1.37 per gram.

Fact: There are 5.625 grams of silver in a silver based quarter.

Fact: $1.37 X 5.625 equals $7.71.

You just can't argue with mathematics.

And by the way, I am familiar with coinflation. They have been historically and notoriously inaccurate as evidenced by common sense.

My question is: Are these quarters 100% silver or a %age of silver which would lower the value?

What would a dime from the same era be worth? I`ve got about $50 face value?

Mission. The metal composition is 90% silver, 10% copper.

A silver dime has 2.25 grams of silver and the same metal composition so each dime would have a silver value of about $3.08. (assuming you are talking about a Roosevelt dime.)

Not sure why you would want to go converting the silver price into price per gram etc..., since the silver is already priced to the ounce.

I'm not converting anything into anything. When you speak of ounces, you are the one doing the conversion. Silver is priced by the gram by default. It is expressed by the ounce because people usually buy it and sell it by the ounce. If you are talking about something that contains less than an ounce, you are talking about grams.

You don't call a quarter mech a "25% of a dollar mech" do you? No you call it a quarter mech. Simplicity.

Oh, and by the way, I bought a cup of coffee this morning for "89 one hundredths of a dollar".

Archived