GPL 173 Issue

Ok....need some help again....and I am grateful for all of the previous assistance.

I have a GPL 173. Every month, as part of inventory control, I view the Non-Resettable Sales total, last month, the reported sales from the previous month dropped by about $800. Thought that was weird, no errors, so I just chalked it up to an oddity.

Now been told that the machine will not take more than 2 $1 bills at a time, no escrow features turned on....verified it myself.....another weird issue as I have an item that is priced at $3 in the machine (will take a $5 bill ok)

While doing a full inventory of the machine, found that column C0 is not being recognized (that is the $3 column mentioned above and now I think I know why it wouldn't take more that 2 $1 bills). Specifically if you try to select it, or test that column, it tells you to make another selection. Looking at the sales of that column, it reports 0, instead of the 300+ from the previous month (which is why I think my NR sales dropped). All other selections and options are working fine.

Not sure how to troubleshoot and fix since I'm not getting an error....any suggestions?

Thanks

Travis

Ok....need some help again....and I am grateful for all of the previous assistance.

I have a GPL 173. Every month, as part of inventory control, I view the Non-Resettable Sales total, last month, the reported sales from the previous month dropped by about $800. Thought that was weird, no errors, so I just chalked it up to an oddity.

Now been told that the machine will not take more than 2 $1 bills at a time, no escrow features turned on....verified it myself.....another weird issue as I have an item that is priced at $3 in the machine (will take a $5 bill ok)

While doing a full inventory of the machine, found that column C0 is not being recognized (that is the $3 column mentioned above and now I think I know why it wouldn't take more that 2 $1 bills). Specifically if you try to select it, or test that column, it tells you to make another selection. Looking at the sales of that column, it reports 0, instead of the 300+ from the previous month (which is why I think my NR sales dropped). All other selections and options are working fine.

Not sure how to troubleshoot and fix since I'm not getting an error....any suggestions?

Thanks

Travis

Don`t have a GPL so this is based on general troubleshooting experiences. I`d try to replicate the problem.... If it tells you to "make another selection" to me it means that the controller can`t see that selection.

Get you NR numbers for the machine and a different column. Turn off machine, disconnect motor to that column, turn back on and check NR numbers. If there is a change then you have a loose broken wire. in the nonworking selection.

If nothing changes then I`d start looking for a bad ground wire. After that I think the board will be next.

I'm confused, did the meter go backwards or are your sales figures just less than normal?

If it just lower sales figures and you have one column out I would look at the harness for that tray as it is a common thing.

If you can clarify this for me we can get into deeper diagnostics.

I don't use validators so I may be off base here in which case I apologize in advance. Is the 3.00 item actually set at $3.00 or did someone change the price label and forget to to reset the price through the board? I have done this with coin mechs. The mech won't accept money once the highest purchase has been reached.

Yes, the NR sales actually went down. For example, Feb sales showed $9800, March sales showed NR sales of $9000. Troubleshooting this morning, I actually unplugged the whole "C" tray, and my reported NR sales dropped to $8200. Plugged the shelf back in and NR sales returned to $9000 area again (I always assumed the NR sales were maintained by the main board and not dependant on a tray or column being present.....)

Next step I would like to try (But ran out of time this morning) is to unplug a single motor and see if my NR sales drop by that column amount.

Would a bad motor, or failed interface on the column motor cause this issue?

In reference to tedk question, the price didn't change, the column just went away. I'm assuming that is why it won't take more than 2 $1 bills at a time.

Thanks

Travis

The non resetable meter has nothing to do with the columns or motors. Sounds like something spiking the board. If you were there in Feb and the meter showed $9800, in March the meter should show over $9800.00 period. The $9800 and whatever monies the machine brought in since then. Maybe a RAM clear would reset this or sadly to say board?

This machine should use the same board that is in the National Vendors 157/167 series. There is only a different eprom. I'll be traveling until Thursday so i won't be able to look for the instructions until I get back in the office.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I found the issue. Looking at the harness that goes from the machine to each motor, found a single wire broke. Reconnected the wire, and the selection is available....and my NR sales increased to the correct level.

Again, I did not realize on the GPL that NR sales being reported depends on the motor being seen by the machine!

Thanks again for the help.

Travis

Archived