$4/Gal. Gas

Faith Vending

$4 a gal here this weekend; according to our spineless president his solution is trade your car in for a smart car etc; or maybe buy a windmill to mount on your present car. Can you see running your route in a smart car or a prius? :-\ Bottom line is really going to take a hit. I think I'll pass along a surcharge to my business owners and take it off their commission payment. 2012 cannot come soon enough to get rid of the incompetent in the White House before he completely ruins this country. There I said it. My rant is over.

Ahhh...Politicians...A Senator make $174000 per year I beleive, and they still get paid even though all non essential federal employees do not during the shut down. That seems wrong to me....Fuel is only going to get more expensive as time goes on, and demand for oil continues to rise. What should be concerning people more than fuel is that beef, chicken, and pork are expected to jump over 25% in cost at supermarkets within the next few months. So couple that with last years 8% increase, that's a 33% increase. As China and India's economies continue to grow, the demand for better foood will also grow, reducing supply, which will in turn continue to cause rising prices. The same with fuel. All of us should be looking for lighter vehicles, with improved fuel economy technology, and waiting another year or so will be key here, as electric vehicles are becoming available, along with idle shut off and instant on engine technology coming in to play.

Heard a story today that gas is up 100% since Obama took office.

Lets not forget his little "excursion" into Libya to (IMO) divert attention over his failure to lead on domestic issues. I saw a story on ABC the other day that the cost to replace all those cruise missles we lobbed into Libya was over 236 MILLION dollars in the first 48 hours alone and that our cost will easily exceed a BILLION, possibly as much as 2 or 3 BILLION.

Yeah I wish Bush was back. Everything was so much better. The economy was booming gas prices were at an all time low ect ect Do you really think that getting a different "Politician" in the white house is going to make everthing roses? Politicians are for politicians they are not for us the people. When we vote we are voting the lesser of 2 evils. The country is going to hell in a handbasket, do not sit on your thumb and wait for the government to make everything better for you.

I don't believe I said anything about wanting a politician or a government to do anything for me... just get out of the way so free markets can work. This guy is putting up roadblocks and regulations that make government bigger and more intrusive. We don't know the half of what he is up to. We made good headway last November, and all the thumb sitters will be out again to get rid of the rest of them in November 2012. Work within the system and get educated; I think that will be some hope and change for you.

The sad truth is nothing works in DC because everyone is out for their own interests. The Democrats are against everything the Republicans want and vise versa. Even if it is a great idea the "other" party does not want it to be successful because it will make them look dumb or wrong. This is the way it is and the way it will be. You have to be a rich spoiled brat to be on a ballot , therefore nothing is going to ever change....vote for the lesser of 2 evils is all you can do or hope for.

PS. Sorry if I offended you Jim, I get too emotional over this JUNK!

It's all good Kelly; seems like they all get corrupted when they get to DC, if they aren't already.

The sad truth is nothing works in DC because everyone is out for their own interests. The Democrats are against everything the Republicans want and vise versa. Even if it is a great idea the "other" party does not want it to be successful because it will make them look dumb or wrong. This is the way it is and the way it will be. You have to be a rich spoiled brat to be on a ballot , therefore nothing is going to ever change....vote for the lesser of 2 evils is all you can do or hope for.

I agree. This is why a two party system is not working very well for us anymore. Well that and all of the lobbyists throwing money at one politician or another for their campaign to keep them in office year after year. It might also be pertinent to point out that roughly 1/3 of the people that are able, actually vote. Fewer still do anything on a local level to improve their own state or local government. I am lucky the for the last 8 years Tampa has been run by an extremely competent mayor, and our county commissioners are somewhat competent at their jobs, with the exception of Mr Kevin White and the multiple fiascos he created up through last year.

They often lose touch with "the people" as BHO demonstrated with the absurd challenge to the truck driver to get a different vehicle the other day.

I said it before and we're seeing it bear out, the cost of food is rising....

On another note, there will be no "gov't shutdown" for now. But one side won that battle by absolutely crushing the other side with the terms.

(Was I non-partisan enough there... I tried, I really did.)

Heard a story today that gas is up 100% since Obama took office.

Lets not forget his little "excursion" into Libya to (IMO) divert attention over his failure to lead on domestic issues. I saw a story on ABC the other day that the cost to replace all those cruise missles we lobbed into Libya was over 236 MILLION dollars in the first 48 hours alone and that our cost will easily exceed a BILLION, possibly as much as 2 or 3 BILLION.

i am pretty cynical generally but i tend not to think presidents make the decision to bomb places lightly, no matter who is sitting in the oval office. the same accusations were leveled at clinton when he tried to kill bin-laden with cruise missile attacks in the 90s, that he was doing so to distract from the impeachment hearings. but we all know how that turned out. the invasion of iraq may have been badly planned but i think it was done in a way that took into account the facts we had at the time and the decision was not made for political reasons but to neutralize a perceived threat.

libya is of strategic importance for our allies in europe it wouldnt be good for them if it turned into a long bloody civil war and we rely on their support for our operations in the mid east and central asia.

as far as gas prices,idont see it has much to do with obama when he took office we were in a time of worldwide financial crisis the dollar had a huge push upward as money flooded out of investments and into dollars...economists described it as "the world running into a burning building" ..the demand forr dollars surged increasing its value relative to other currency of course this drove down the price of commodities sold in dollars like oil

now the economy is normalizing plus we've had several rounds of monetary stimulus thats making its way out of banks into into the real economy the textbook theory is that prices lead wages, and in a time of excess unemployment these price rises will be followed by increased wages and increased employment..hopefully this is how it plays out. of course its not the only factor at play fears about uprisings in saudi arabia and the turmoil in libya have driven speculation buying up oil in the hopes that supply shocks will be coming if the conflict in libya is resolved quickly hopefully the prices will ease somewhat.

one thing the government can do, but isn't is impose a gas tax holiday

Non-partisan?? Don't bet your birth certificate on that!! Ha Ha Ha! ;D

Faith

You are letting your emotions get the best of you and you are leaving out a very important variable…the American Voter. Most people are very ignorant and do not know their left from their right. That is the reason why most people have mortgages. They sit around and call people stupid for getting into a mortgage they cannot afford, but they themselves are one pay check from being homeless. The average American citizen will do any and everything that is legal whether it makes sense or not. But if they get into trouble, they want the government to bail them out. The American people will vote for anyone who will allow them to remain lazy and ignorant and still get a pay check.

So, don’t blame your problems on the President. You may want to start by blaming a neighbor. They are the ones who vote in these Union riding welfare advocates. All President Oboma did was run for office. He did not vote himself in. Millions of people you know voted him in, so direct your line of fire someplace else.

What’s wrong with this county is the voters…not those running for office,although they are messed up too.

Before we point the finger, we must ask ourselves, what are we doing to make things better. It is very easy to point blame. We must work on ourselves. That is where real change begins.

Faith

You are letting your emotions get the best of you and you are leaving out a very important variable…the American Voter. Most people are very ignorant and do not know their left from their right. That is the reason why most people have mortgages. They sit around and call people stupid for getting into a mortgage they cannot afford, but they themselves are one pay check from being homeless. The average American citizen will do any and everything that is legal whether it makes sense or not. But if they get into trouble, they want the government to bail them out. The American people will vote for anyone who will allow them to remain lazy and ignorant and still get a pay check.

So, don’t blame your problems on the President. You may want to start by blaming a neighbor. They are the ones who vote in these Union riding welfare advocates. All President Oboma did was run for office. He did not vote himself in. Millions of people you know voted him in, so direct your line of fire someplace else.

What’s wrong with this county is the voters…not those running for office,although they are messed up too.

Before we point the finger, we must ask ourselves, what are we doing to make things better. It is very easy to point blame. We must work on ourselves. That is where real change begins.

Don't take it so personal Agra, there are plenty of people to blame on this issue. And, by the way, the million people I know did NOT vote for Obama.

Don't take it so personal Agra, there are plenty of people to blame on this issue. And, by the way, the million people I know did NOT vote for Obama.

I personally voted for him, and I have to say that although most people look to the President as the cause of most issues, they should look a little closer at the folks that represent them in our government. Take a look at what's going on in your own state before you look toward our president. You may be surprised at the issues that exist on your own state level. Most of the fuel cost that exists is currently taxes, petition your county and state government to lower their tax and then you can get some relief. If everyone were more involved on a local level instead of just bringing up the "talking points", we wouldn't be in this position right now. If regular citizens were even half as involved as the NRA, we could really make a difference in the way government operates. I would be willing to bet that if you polled 10 people you knew, all of them would ***** about gas prices, but only 3 of them vote...

I think Faith's complaint has nothing to do with gas prices. He just does not like the idea of Oboma being president. What does Oboma have to do with the price of gasoline anyway?

Since when has a President controlled your destiny? Bush nor Oboma control my destiny. If it is not high gas prices, there will be other stumbling blocks in the road.

Does the million people you know sit around and complain about what Oboma has done since elected...What a miserable life. :(

I think Faith's complaint has nothing to do with gas prices. He just does not like the idea of Oboma being president. What does Oboma have to do with the price of gasoline anyway?

Since when has a President controlled your destiny? Bush nor Oboma control my destiny. If it is not high gas prices, there will be other stumbling blocks in the road.

Does the million people you know sit around and complain about what Oboma has done since elected...What a miserable life. :(

I think it is Oboma and his people who won't allow drilling in this country; its Oboma and his people who use the EPA to regulate and penalize energy companies; its Oboma and his people who reward alternative energy that has produced no energy; and I could go on. And he has only just begun; keep your head in the sand Agrantha; there is nothing you can do so why try? My million friends and I think your comments are idiotic and not well thought out.

I think it is Oboma and his people who won't allow drilling in this country; its Oboma and his people who use the EPA to regulate and penalize energy companies; its Oboma and his people who reward alternative energy that has produced no energy; and I could go on. And he has only just begun; keep your head in the sand Agrantha; there is nothing you can do so why try? My million friends and I think your comments are idiotic and not well thought out.

Yep

I will keep my head in the sand while you remain miserable and continue watching the Glenn Beck show. LOL! ;D

How is that hope and change working for you?

It's working fine for me. It might even work better if the folks up there on the hill could get their heads out of their wallets and work for the people who elected them. I will say however, that I honestly do no know one person that has been personally negatively affected by the president of our country.

It's working fine for me. It might even work better if the folks up there on the hill could get their heads out of their wallets and work for the people who elected them. I will say however, that I honestly do no know one person that has been personally negatively affected by the president of our country.

Glad to hear that Jeremy

How is that hope and change working for you?

The hope and change is not working for me. It never has and never will. My hope does not come from man. You can never depend on any human being for anything good. I am doing the same now as I was when Bush was in office. It does not matter who is in office. You cannot depend on them. You cannot even depend on yourself, so how can you depend on anyone else.

When you make decisions and assumptions based on human philosophy's and perspectives, you will fail. In turn, you will end up blaming someone else for your problems and failures.

To sum it up...Don't trash your leaders...Become a leader. In America, the only way to make change is to change yourself. And if you have changed for the better, then better people will follow you. If you have changed for the worse, then the devil will follow you. Become a leader and you will attract leaders. That is the only way change will come.

Anyone with a tongue can get up here and trash the President. But not anyone can become a leader themselves.

First examine yourself and what you are doing to improve this country before you point the blame.

The hope and change is not working for me. It never has and never will. My hope does not come from man. You can never depend on any human being for anything good. I am doing the same now as I was when Bush was in office. It does not matter who is in office. You cannot depend on them. You cannot even depend on yourself, so how can you depend on anyone else.

When you make decisions and assumptions based on human philosophy's and perspectives, you will fail. In turn, you will end up blaming someone else for your problems and failures.

To sum it up...Don't trash your leaders...Become a leader. In America, the only way to make change is to change yourself. And if you have changed for the better, then better people will follow you. If you have changed for the worse, then the devil will follow you. Become a leader and you will attract leaders. That is the only way change will come.

Anyone with a tongue can get up here and trash the President. But not anyone can become a leader themselves.

First examine yourself and what you are doing to improve this country before you point the blame.

I give up ag, you have missed the point entirely. People we elect do make decisions that affect you, your family and your business. If you don't agree with certain things get educated, then get involved and run the bums out of town (see November 2010).

LOL...We get fed up with Dem's and elect Repub's..then we get tired of Repub's and elect Dems....ect ect ect....over and over and over again.

Been that way for as long as I can can remember Kelly.

Archived