Ant Spray

vendonly

Hi

I heard that I need to use ant spray onto bottom of my machine in Summer. Can I buy it from Homedepot ? Any anti-ant spray will do?

Thanks

I like raid myself. I spray before I deliver a machine, and again if I ever have a problem. I only have two spots that are ever an issue. Those I spray every other visit.

• 3 weeks later...

Here in Central America it is not uncommon to see 3 headed babies. I see it as a 200% revenue increase without the extra effort. Why not just spray the candy and gumballs with a shot of RAID before you fill the machines?

Only kidding. If the location has ants, roaches or rats...just vend caps or bouncy balls. Insecticides have no place in your business plan. It is up to the location to make sure their place is not a health hazard.

Be kind to animals/bugs...don't eat them...especially if they are full of pesticides/poisons. On the other hand, a small container of 20 Mule Borax under the stand base will work wonders at getting rid of the roaches and ants. Rats don't like the stuff either.

citrus oils, cinnamon, and vinegar are all good natural ant repellants. you could try using a vinegar water mixture with a little lemon juice in a spray bottle, and spray the stand. vinegar cuts through grease too, so if anyone questions what you're doing you can explain that you're cleaning the machine stand. and since it's all natural ingredients that people use everyday, no one should take issue with it.

mrs.c

Has anyone tried to put vasoline on the area where your stand connects to the machine? I had a customer tell me that this works pretty good too. The insects dont want to cross the line.

There is another product out there that does the same thing, available at local nursery. It's called Tanglefoot

There is another product out there that does the same thing, available at local nursery. It's called Tanglefoot

Any type of silicone, petroleum, etc will work, but you have to coat the inside of your pipe stand too. And even then, bugs can still find a way sometimes.

I also put fresh bay leaves in the coin box area, as bugs, specifically ants, hate the stuff.

How do you keep them separate from the quarters? I would think they get dry and and would make a mess.

I use the Bay leave method, works great.I tape it inside the body.

That's what I do also. Bay leaves are more expensive but you don't have to worry about the location asking any questions because they are not visible.

Vaseline is also good, but don't forget where you put it on the machine. It gets a bit messy if you have to move it. ;D

I use the Bay leave method, works great.I tape it inside the body.

Exactly, just tape it to the inside of the body. I also use vaseline, and have yet to see any dead soldiers stuck to it. Oh, and if you can, get your bay leaves at a ethnic shop, I have an Indian shop I get mine at, and their spices are dirt cheap.

Archived