polyvend 80124 snack/cold food machine opinions?

dogcow

Parts are getting harder to come by for PV machines because they are no longer made or supported. VE, National, etc carries some parts. Things like the comp can be repaired most times, thermostats are same as a drink machine one and can be replaced. If it is cheap enough and currently working I may would consider it but it would have to be pretty cheap.

Lets see what techvend says....

The biggest issue I would have is it is a tough unit to place. It dosent hold many snacks nor food. If an account deserved a snack machine it probably wouldnt hold enough and if they deserved a cold food they would most likely need bigger. I see this as a second machine in a fairly large account to compliment a full size snack and food. Matter of fact it would be great in an account I am working on right now. They have 400 emp and this type unit would work great in their main break room to help curb shortages betwwen daily services.

I haven't seen one of those in years. They were a decent machine in their day. The problem will be parts like RJT says. Polyvend sold out to Crane back around 1997 and no longer support these machines. They may have some parts if you can cross the Polyvend number with the Crane number but most of that information is probably long gone. VE may have some parts but this wasn't a popular machine, at least in New England.

Reliability? If it is working now you could get years of use out of it in the right location, as long as nothing breaks.

Value? Not much as you are most likely buying a throw away machine that has limited use. Small food area and small snack isn't a great combo. If the location justifies food it usually has to be a great snack location.

Do you do food now? If so it may work for you. If you are just getting into food I would probably pass unless it was reaaaal cheap.

yeah i tihnk i am going to pass based on the parts situation. to be honest i was not planning to put food items in it. i figured because i do not have a drop bottle machine

i could use the cold side to stock oddball size drinks like ice coffee, energy drinks,arizona tea, etc.

guy wants 500 or so for it which i think may be too much based on the parts situation and cost of storing/moving it looks like the only PV machines i can find

are food king and the snack machine ones...if the board went out or something i would prob need to just scrap it.

thx for the advice guys!

I actually have a couple PV machines, to bad they are gone, i like them to b honest.

I know that VE had quite a few different parts when I was redoing my R32, but I needed nothing really, just some paint and elbow grease. The rep I talked to also told me that there are generic boards available for them as well.

I actually have a couple PV machines, to bad they are gone, i like them to b honest.

I know that VE had quite a few different parts when I was redoing my R32, but I needed nothing really, just some paint and elbow grease. The rep I talked to also told me that there are generic boards available for them as well.

To my knowledge the boards can still be repaired.

Archived