Whats the difference? And are they ok?

dannie

Yea, not quite. I lose money each month running this site but It's not here for profit anyway.

How much money does the site need to earn every month for you not to have to dip into your own pocket?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much money does the site need to earn every month for you not to have to dip into your own pocket?

Jeremy,

I will start adding the forums simple financial figures to the forum report in my blog. Look for it tomorrow.

Jeremy,

I will start adding the forums simple financial figures to the forum report in my blog. Look for it tomorrow.

steve I know you said it was an extra fee with this forum layout but I really miss the donation column showing what everyone has donated, it was always there and helped me remember to donate, maybe something like that will prompt people to donate more so you dont have to dip into your pocket each month. I havent donated anything so far this year, it's not because I wont, its because I never remember to do it!

You are absolutely right, and canoe will also get you to Spain. But I'll take the cruise ship.

Hey, I'm not trying to be a golpher. I'm just trying to point out that the path to true success in this business has been laid out many, many times before. There are tons of posts on this forum that virtually explain step by step how to be successful. I am just confused why some members choose to go with the model that so many others have tried and failed with. Do they expect a different outcome?

Take a look around at the most successful vendors in your area or nationwide. How many triples do you think those national vending companies use? How many triples did Roger Folz use building his empire?

It's just the same old argument that "hey, they make money and thats all that matters." Unfortunately, making a few quarters is nice if you're looking for a hobby. If you're trying to build a strong business with strong recurring profits, you should put a little more thought into it than just throwing something out there that just makes quarters.

Thanks for being so blunt there, Steve-O! Those "radical" comments even got me fired up!

Single modular heads will give the best flexibility and allow you to control the desired selections needed at any location. You can also tear them apart and "recycle" some of them at a different location when you lose a location. So if I lose a break room, I can still use those heads on a rack that I may obtain next week. Or if I lose a rack location, I can still use some of those heads in a break room I may get next week. I would never own a triple - even a NW triple play. Because its not just about quality, rather functionality, flexibility and recycle ability. And you get all of that with single modular heads.

IMO, triples will at best render a part time income. But if that is what you want, then fine. But as Steve said, no full time vendor has "made it" with that type of model. So if you want full time income, copy a model that has succeeded with full time vendors. To use a football analgy, there are some offensive strategies that may work in the college, but not in the NFL. Remember the old wish bone offense. No NFL team in this era has ever been successful using the wish bone offense or by using a running quarter back that does not stay in the pocket (remember Eagle's QB Randal Cunningham in the 90's). So if you were building your own NFL franchise, why would you want to copy an offensive model that did not work well for any other NFL teams? To each his own. But its single modular heads for me from now on. So to sum it up

Triples = Part Time = College Football

Single Modular Heads = Full Time = NFL Baby!

steve I know you said it was an extra fee with this forum layout but I really miss the donation column showing what everyone has donated, it was always there and helped me remember to donate, maybe something like that will prompt people to donate more so you dont have to dip into your pocket each month. I havent donated anything so far this year, it's not because I wont, its because I never remember to do it!

I think I've explained this before in another thread but I'll explain it here too.

The donation tracker we had in the old forum was a paid add on then and is still a paid add on now. In fact, most of the little extras I've added to the forum are not free. They are developed by independent developers and sold to people like me.

The full featured donation tracker that I am looking at is awesome and has all the features that our old tracker had plus many more. Will.vend, I believe I sent you a screen shot of it.

However, it does cost money. As soon as I have a few extra dollars for it, I'll get it.

Also, Great post Jax. +1 rep for you!

I think I've explained this before in another thread but I'll explain it here too.

The donation tracker we had in the old forum was a paid add on then and is still a paid add on now. In fact, most of the little extras I've added to the forum are not free. They are developed by independent developers and sold to people like me.

The full featured donation tracker that I am looking at is awesome and has all the features that our old tracker had plus many more. Will.vend, I believe I sent you a screen shot of it.

However, it does cost money. As soon as I have a few extra dollars for it, I'll get it.

Also, Great post Jax. +1 rep for you!

heres the link showing that page

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=msg&attach_id=1120

Archived