Whats the difference? And are they ok?

dannie

I am needing to get a couple of triple candy machines? What are the difference between these Pro All-Metal Triple Vending Machine at gumball.com and the ones at sams? I like the way I can get the color blue and chrome stands at gumball.com.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same here - BUT I am converting some over to racks

Side Note - look at getting some 1800's triples - they are very good

I'm building a rack to put 2 of my 1-800 machines on to sell gumballs and toys in.

I am needing to get a couple of triple candy machines? What are the difference between these Pro All-Metal Triple Vending Machine at gumball.com and the ones at sams? I like the way I can get the color blue and chrome stands at gumball.com.

dannie if you ever come to the coast I have a couple 1-800 machines I'll sell you at a good price with no shipping charges. lol

I'm building a rack to put 2 of my 1-800 machines on to sell gumballs and toys in.

dannie if you ever come to the coast I have a couple 1-800 machines I'll sell you at a good price with no shipping charges. lol

that is what I have done with 4 of my 1800's - built out 2 racks - they work great for 1" toys and / or cnady

I guess me too!! Thats all I have is triple heads and they do great.

Do you have all candy in yours. Or do you have some with caps and bb?. How much $ do you see as great? I see your in MS. what area do you cover?

The four head I am talking about would be all one inch heads. Toys and BB being .50 each

that is what I have done with 4 of my 1800's - built out 2 racks - they work great for 1" toys and / or cnady

Do you have all candy in yours. Or do you have some with caps and bb?. How much $ do you see as great? I see your in MS. what area do you cover?

The four head I am talking about would be all one inch heads. Toys and BB being .50 each

That's all I have is candy for now. I am building a rack for 2 of my 800's and will do toys in them and see how they do.I have my machines between Gulfport and Picayune. So I'm mostly along the coast line.

Some things will never change.

Why the negative on triples? I like them for locations that do a good business but don't have space for (or won't allow) a rack. I'm new so I could be missing the dangers they pose. :unsure:

IMHO:

I think it boils down to each persons business plan. If you are doing candy and break room locations then triples may be your ticket. Myself I have only a couple triples. I have not seen a huge revenue increase from having a triple over a double in locations.Seems that one head is always a slow seller. A four head rack takes up about the same space as a triple. If you build your triples out of Northwesterns or Oaks you can always start with a single and work your way up.

As a business owner you have to find what works best for you. You are the only one that can survey your locations and fill the needs of your customers. You could put 20 heads in a location but if 10 heads are slow sellers then you are no better off because only ten produce. Here is what happened at one location for me. A six head Rhino vending rack. one 50 cent mech and one 1.00 sticker machine on the rack the rest were .25 cent. I replaced it with a northwestern 4 head rack with 2 2" .50 cent , 1 25 cent gumball and one .50 1". Revenue has increased with less heads

A four head rack takes up about the same space as a triple.

Seems to me that the rack is deeper than the triple. Not by a lot but if you're location is in a narrow entryway (which two of mine are) then the rack might be just a bit too deep. But maybe it's only the racks that I have. Are there any racks that are stable/solid but aren't much more than two rails on top of each other?

Are there any racks that are stable/solid but aren't much more than two rails on top of each other?

I use the J-Stand (see the picture below) which can hold 2 to 6 machines and are not that much bigger than the triple stands IMO. I try to avoid racks because I find them ugly...

post-1046-0-15115300-1303664503_thumb.jpg

This is exactly why I like to make my own custom mini racks. It has a small foot print and can handle a 2" machine. By adding single machines to it, I can pick and choose my wheels and mechs. You generally can not do that with a store bought triple.

I use the J-Stand (see the picture below) which can hold 2 to 6 machines and are not that much bigger than the triple stands IMO. I try to avoid racks because I find them ugly...

I have J-Racks but they are definitely deeper than the the single bracket 3-head. I like them but they don't solve the space problem.

This is exactly why I like to make my own custom mini racks. It has a small foot print and can handle a 2" machine. By adding single machines to it, I can pick and choose my wheels and mechs. You generally can not do that with a store bought triple.

I'm looking into renting a workbench, but they are expensive. Living in a big city makes using power tools a bit difficult. I don't currently have good space to work.

Great post Hillbilly.

This is why I don't like triples. There is no versatility in them. You'll never have crazy sales in all three canisters so you basically have an oversized double head. You can't mix and match products and equipment as easily and you can't tailor a custom vending package to EVERY location if you have triples. If you've got all triples, you are limiting the kinds of locations you can get. If you have all single head machines, you can keep them singles, make the doubles, make it a 4 way, add a 2" to the mix, or even add flat vending. The possibilities are endless.

I don't mean to knock anyones choice of machine. If you're happy, that's fine. I just would rather be well equipped to handle ANY location with ALL of my equipment, rather than only certain ones.

I have more triples out then anything. Most popular set up is seedling gumballs, runts, and 32 mm bouncy balls at .50. And yes I can vend acorn caps out of them with slight modifying. Only have 4 more .50 mechs left then I'll have to get more. The biggest drawback of my triples are there capacity, I have a few high volume accounts that I'm always worried there gonna run out, and there is absolutely no room in one of them for a rack, thinking about getting a triple double from Northwestern for that location. Not sure whats the best options 6 one inch heads or maybe one of those stacked 2" havending specials.

Great post Hillbilly.

This is why I don't like triples. There is no versatility in them. You'll never have crazy sales in all three canisters so you basically have an oversized double head. You can't mix and match products and equipment as easily and you can't tailor a custom vending package to EVERY location if you have triples. If you've got all triples, you are limiting the kinds of locations you can get. If you have all single head machines, you can keep them singles, make the doubles, make it a 4 way, add a 2" to the mix, or even add flat vending. The possibilities are endless.

I don't mean to knock anyones choice of machine. If you're happy, that's fine. I just would rather be well equipped to handle ANY location with ALL of my equipment, rather than only certain ones.

I definitely agree about the versatility of a single head but anytime I can find a good deal on 1800's I'll pick them up. I'll never utilize just one or the other, triples have their place in this business.

I definitely agree about the versatility of a single head but anytime I can find a good deal on 1800's I'll pick them up. I'll never utilize just one or the other, triples have their place in this business.

Exactly, this business is all about diversification. It wouldn't be to your benefit to to exclude all of any one type of machine. Do I like vending candy? No, but most of my candy locations do exceptionally well b/c that's all they need, and a triple is the machine of choice for me. It's kinda like doing both commission and charity, I like having both b/c they both have their places in my business model(not to hijack the thread on that issue) Diversity is key!

Archived