Disaster averted

Yesterday I discovered that one of my accounts has been locked out of their leased space and a liquidator on site to handle an auction of all of their goods. Two weeks ago, everything seemed to be fine and I've never had any indication that things weren't going well. In fact, they moved to their current location which was a substantial upgrade, about 4 months ago. When they moved, I had them sign a new location agreement and I am so thankful I did that. I had to call the liquidators corporate office and the first question was: "Do you have proof that you own the machine?" I had to send a copy to their office and today they unlocked the office for me to get my machine.

Moral of this story is: Don't install anything for anyone without some type of a written agreement that clearly states that the machine belongs to you and lists a serial number.

Moral of this story is: Don't install anything for anyone without some type of a written agreement that clearly states that the machine belongs to you and lists a serial number.

You learned this lesson early, without even having to fight to get your equipment back no less. GOOD JOB! :rolleyes:

I have a label on the inside AND outside of all of my machines that states "This equipment and ALL of it's contents are property of Exceptional Vending Services, LLC"

I also have an asset booklet that has all the serial numbers, locations, notes, and pictures of each machine.

Since I don't have written agreements with most of my locations, do you think what I have would be enough to be able to get my equipment back should I find myself in a similar situation?

I have a label on the inside AND outside of all of my machines that states "This equipment and ALL of it's contents are property of Exceptional Vending Services, LLC"

I also have an asset booklet that has all the serial numbers, locations, notes, and pictures of each machine.

Since I don't have written agreements with most of my locations, do you think what I have would be enough to be able to get my equipment back should I find myself in a similar situation?

Hard to tell. The most effective method is to have it in writing. What you have will certainly help but it will probably take more effort. I think you should be able to recover your equipment should the situation arise with what you have.

Archived