Is food and soda vending good?

Guest Vending Big guy

Guest Vending Big guy

You know since i started brining my candy machines on location, 9 out of 10 of those spots have a soda machine. So what Im getting at is im thinking there are no more places for these types of machines.

Please correct me if i am wrong, that is why i am asking you guys. Do you guys find it easy or hard to get spots? how do you go about getting locations? how do you know where to go? My other question

is how long does it usually take you to get your investment back per machine?

You know since i started brining my candy machines on location, 9 out of 10 of those spots have a soda machine. So what Im getting at is im thinking there are no more places for these types of machines.

Please correct me if i am wrong, that is why i am asking you guys. Do you guys find it easy or hard to get spots? how do you go about getting locations? how do you know where to go? My other question

You are correct in your thinking that most places that are worthy of a drink or snack machine already have one. You either a)place a machine and accept a lower volume than another vendor will tolerate (a bad business idea) or B) take market share from coke, pepsi, or other vending companies. Every once in awhile you will find a decent account that does not have vending for one reason or another, but its not real common.

In a low volume account I would look for 1 year return or less. For a high volume account I will push that to 2-3.

JD

I have no idea where that smiley came from, I didn't put him there.

I guess you could call the market "saturated", that is there are machines just about everywhere it is worthwhile to put them. That being said, many locations are also getting poor service and/or have old outdated equipment. As a result getting locations is not very difficult, just takes some practice.

As for the ROI question, that depends on many variables. Are you placing new or used equipment? The revenue at the location is also a major factor. For used look for an ROI of around a year, for new you are looking at larger higher volume location and the ROI will vary between 1-3 years.

Archived