coca cola bottling company

I am back into vending for few months (Soda and Snacks). I used to have many M&M Large cooled Vending Machines in Westfield Malls few years ago.

I am getting a building location with 400 employees, and within the property there are 3 other large building with 400 employees each also.

Will Coca Cola provide me with a vending machine? If So, what are the options and procedures?

Thanks in advance for any of your comments.

I am back into vending for few months (Soda and Snacks). I used to have many M&M Large cooled Vending Machines in Westfield Malls few years ago.

I am getting a building location with 400 employees, and within the property there are 3 other large building with 400 employees each also.

Will Coca Cola provide me with a vending machine? If So, what are the options and procedures?

Thanks in advance for any of your comments.

Contact your local bottler and ask to speak to whoever handles their third party vending program. To be honest you may or may not get the equipment. Many bottlers are making it harder to get third party equipment. They are implementing policies like requiring you to be in business for a year, or to set up an account and begin ordering for your own equipment and once you order for several months or reach a threshold of something like 500 or 1000 cases then you become eligible for the third party equipment.

You might be able to get the benefit of your past experience in the industry to become eligible.

I just recently called and talked to the 3rd party sales rep and it wasn't much involved to getting one. He basically

Told me that I needed to order all product for the machine from them. He said I needed a commercial place for delivery and that they needed to approve the location. He told me that I can't get a machine placed anywhere that already has a coke machine there. He also said that they like to see the machines selling at least 180 cases a year which you should do easily at that location

I just recently called and talked to the 3rd party sales rep and it wasn't much involved to getting one. He basically

Told me that I needed to order all product for the machine from them. He said I needed a commercial place for delivery and that they needed to approve the location. He told me that I can't get a machine placed anywhere that already has a coke machine there. He also said that they like to see the machines selling at least 180 cases a year which you should do easily at that location

Wow! You called Coke and spoke to someone all in the same day!!! Your coke bottler is much more responsive than the one here. Glad they will let you get equipment because they won't do it here anymore.

JD

Wow. I guess we were lucky! I called the 1-800 number for coke, and within about 15mins A rep was calling me. But then after I got the info I needed every Thursday, he was calling to see if I had the paper work and if I had a place for a machine. I scored 2 locations in one day, after they were placed and I was ready for my 3rd, he acted as if he didn't know me or who I was.

About 3 months later I was having issues with them delivering my coke order to the wrong address. I couldn't get ahold of my rep, so I called the 1-800 number that I call to place my order and the next day a different rep that was about 18miles away called and I have been dealing with him since. Coming to find out, the first rep I had was over 80miles away!

When I placed my last machine order, I was asked if I had thought about doing can machines! wish I would have known that they had changed their minds about can machines about 3 months ago! I would have 4 locations more than what I have now! I went back to the former locations and my biggest competitor has them now. :angry:

Not sure where Chad is located, But I am really glad I don't have your quota! Mine is only 100 cases a year, If it wasn't for one of the local churches wanting 25 cases at cost for their Christmas Dinner thing, I would have been hurting to get in the quota. I still have 8 cases of water sitting in my house from December when I ordered 20 of them to finally meet my quota!

But warmer weather is just around the corner and this will be my first summer dealing with coke, so I hope it won't be so hectic throwing numbers around to meet my 100cases/machine this year. I honestly think once I buy my first bottle machine, Worrying about quotas will be a thing of the past.

Anyways, Best of luck to you!

Just to clarify things, Have you been back into vending for a few months? Or are you just in vending for a few months then plan to abandon ship again?

Just to clarify things, Have you been back into vending for a few months? Or are you just in vending for a few months then plan to abandon ship again?

I am back into vending and growing fast. I like vending. My only problem with vending is when Its grown beyond a one man show, other drivers need

to take care of the routes. There is not a good way of tracking inventory and cash flow with the various vending machines. I am a control freak, and I

can't have people stealing. I am looking into ATM machines that can be tracked, but I am finding they have there own set of problems too.

Ultimately I have to hire drivers and find a way to keep everything in check. Any good ideas?

This thread was quite interesting, I've grown my company over the last 3 months extremely fast and I've been looking at adding snack and soda lines. I'm primarily a toy vendor with a few candy locations. I've looked into getting the proper licenses from the State because I keep getting leads for machine locations. I wasn't sure what would be the best way to get started and I've started looking at Coke for machines. Most of my leads are replacing a location (vendor) who is no longer in business or went out of business.

I'm looking at the possibility of adding snack machines and some soda accounts to local towns where I'm already doing a lot of business. Any thoughts on how to get started or recommendations?

This thread was quite interesting, I've grown my company over the last 3 months extremely fast and I've been looking at adding snack and soda lines. I'm primarily a toy vendor with a few candy locations. I've looked into getting the proper licenses from the State because I keep getting leads for machine locations. I wasn't sure what would be the best way to get started and I've started looking at Coke for machines. Most of my leads are replacing a location (vendor) who is no longer in business or went out of business.

I'm looking at the possibility of adding snack machines and some soda accounts to local towns where I'm already doing a lot of business. Any thoughts on how to get started or recommendations?

What area are you getting the leads for?

Archived