New to vending and looking to go far

Prettysmoove

Hi, I'm Charles I brought to vendstar 3000 awhile back. I want my vending business up and running by the end of may. I'm in the philly area and it was tough trying to locate them myself. I didn't really know what I was doing. I'm looking for any tips and advice form any veterans or someone who's doing this seriously. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Hi and welcome. The best tip I could give you is read all the posts you can, this is the best vending forum in the world.

This is the best advice for newbies, go back and read all the old stuff, if you are not hooked and trying to spend every extra minute you have on here learning then you should probably find something else to invest your money. Like most business's your chances at succeeding in this business without passion is slim. Good luck and good reading.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Charles I brought to vendstar 3000 awhile back. I want my vending business up and running by the end of may. I'm in the philly area and it was tough trying to locate them myself. I didn't really know what I was doing. I'm looking for any tips and advice form any veterans or someone who's doing this seriously. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Your story sounds just like mine, only you live in a different part of the country. I bought a used Vendstar off of a friend and failed to locate it myself. I am hiring a locator service to place it for me. You might consider this too, if you continue to strike out with locations.

I only have a few machines on site, so I certainly don't qualify as a veteran, but I'll share with you a couple of things that I have learned.

On using a locator, I started with Kickstart. The first place that they found me (for $70) turned out to be a dud. The machine yielded about $2.00 after 3 weeks. I yanked the machine from that first location, then payed Kickstart another $20 for re-location and the second place that they found me is doing quite well, very close to my home and so far averaging $13.25 a week. On my other 2 accounts, I did the locating myself by just walking in and asking the manager.

Good luck.

Archived