Mobile Version Help

Technivend

I'm having fits viewing the mobile version on my Blackberry with OS6 that I don't remember having with OS5. Of course I switched to OS6 about the same time that Steve came out with the new theme. When I go to the forums on my phone I get the desktop version and then have to hunt around looking for a way to change it to the mobile version. So I have a few questions.

When you view the forums with your smart phone do you automatically get the mobile version?

What phone/os are you using?

Bill,

I am very happy to say that I am getting my first smartphone tomorrow! I am eager to see why these things are so popular and what the forum looks like with one. It should also allow me to help with questions like this. I just hope I can figure out how to use the thing!

Here is a link to Tapatalk. I can add this to the forum and it appears to be something that should solve your problem. It is free for me to add to the forum but I believe the app you would need to download to your phone costs something like $2.99. Take a look at it and let me know if it appears to be useful.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Here is a link to and old thread where I asked for input on this and it only got 3 no votes and zero yes votes.

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/6157-any-iphone-users-on-board/page__mode__show

Here is a video that explains Tapatalk a bit more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ELOO08uC0U

I am probably going to install this since it's free.

I tried Tapatalk before on my Blackberry as it is in beta and free. But like anything else thats free it didn't work. I'll try it again and see if they have added any updates. I was thinking of a big "MOBILE VERSION" button at the bottom if others are having issues. You don't have an M. or mobile. version of vendiscuss do you?

Bill and others.

I went ahead and installed Tapatalk on TVF so it should be fully functional as of this posting. As mentioned, the app costs $2.99 but if you use your phone to participate in this, or other forums, it should make your experience much better. I will be making Tapatalk my first app purchase when my phone arrives tomorrow. cheesy.gif

I tried Tapatalk before on my Blackberry as it is in beta and free. But like anything else thats free it didn't work. I'll try it again and see if they have added any updates.

Bill, when did you last try TT? The version I just installed was released on 4/27/11.

Well, I have to say that TT was a complete failure for me. I'm going to check out their website and see if it makes any sense. I replied to this earlier via TT and it never posted. The only way I can get to Vendiscuss is to search by category and it doesn't save it as a favorite or previous. Plus it wouldn't work in the "beverage and food" forum. It seemed to be something to do with the subforum. It wouldn't let me past that view.

Anyone else with mobile browsers out there?

I have a Droid, and I don't always get the mobile version. from what I can tell, when you click on skins to change the version a pop up window appears on computers, but it doesn't pop up on my droid, nor does it pop up on my netbook.

I'm not complaining, just wanting to make a suggestion. Steve, is there a way you can implement a link to click on that automatically switches to mobile like the "full version" link you have on the mobile version if we want to view it as a desktop?

Before the change over, there was a link while in full mode that we could click on that would switch it to mobile version and visa versa without having the pop up.

Unfortunatley I'm not very "mobile" savvy so the things you guys are talking about, and asking for, are way over my head. Hopefully tomorrow when I get my Droid I will be able to see first hand what needs to be done.

Bear with me...

I'm not having any luck with tapatalk for the BB. It appears that they have abandoned further development. OS6 on the BB doesn't always talk nice to websites so I don;t get the mobile version all the time. Looks like I either downgrade to OS5 or try to remember to leave the forum in mobile version.

Yea I havent downloaded TT yet either. I just logged on and it went right to mobile. I do see an option at the bottom to show the desktop version.

So I visited the forums on my wifes BB that has OS5 on it and it went right to the mobile version. So it appears that it is a BB issue with the way OS6 with the webkit browser reports to the forum.

This may be just the push I need to downgrade my OS back to 5. Just so I can get on TVF when away form the office!!

Yea I havent downloaded TT yet either. I just logged on and it went right to mobile. I do see an option at the bottom to show the desktop version.

When you click on "desktop Version" there is no way to go back to mobile version unless you log out and log back in, then hope you get the mobile version. If you don't get the mobile version, you have to try a couple times of logging out and then logging back in until the mobile version loads.

Holy golpher! I just got tapatalk and its awesome! I know it doesnt work well with blackberry but if you have an android powered phone, you gotta try it.

It takes a bit to get used to but it is way better than the standard mobile. By the way, I spoke this post into my phone. No more fat fingered typing for me!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Archived