punk/punks jamming coin chute

Is there a way that I can adjust the coin chute on a Royal 660 to where a jackass cannot jam it?

today marks the 3rd time in 2months that I have found my machine's coin track jammed up with change. the culprit? all 3 times a dime and penny put in together at the same time.

The out side of the coin acceptor (the part the customer sees to put their coins in, is as small as it will go, as to not allow two coins side by side to be placed at the same time. But the punk/punks have figured out that a dime and penny together with fit in the slot, but yet jam the track half way down to the changer.

I have also found evidence of someone attempting to pop the handle by using a flat head screw driver. Location owner said that if I purchase the camera, she will allow it to be hooked up to her existing security DVR system. Only problem is, I need some encouragement to justify this $185 purchase installed.

Start with a cheap fake camera and put it up. Look up your state statute for criminal mischief, make a sign:

All activity around this machine is being video recorded and video will be used to identify and prosecute acts of vandalism and theft. Under ___ law this act is punishable by _____ fine and/or ___ months imprisonment(or whatever the statute says)

Ought to be enough to scare away the amateurs, maybe even some of the pros.

Archived