Bringing kids while servicing

bil10219

I have someone working for me that recently started to bring her 9 year old around with her while servicing machines. My initial thought is to put the kibosh on this but I was wondering if anyone else has had a positive experience from this?

Sorry, I meant to post this in the Bulk section.

I have someone working for me that recently started to bring her 9 year old around with her while servicing machines. My initial thought is to put the kibosh on this but I was wondering if anyone else has had a positive experience from this?

Yeah...probably the wrong forum. But I do bring my daughter with me as my helper when I service and she helps. Managers are much more friendly when she's there.

It really depends on the situation. My 7 year old helps me all of the time. We have a long talk about what is expected of him and he is there to help clean, etc. He also is wearing a shirt with the company log, just like me. So in general terms I would say it is a bad idea, but it can be a good thing if handled properly and professionally.

I have a 9 yo daughter and a 7 yo daughter. They are both learning every part of the business. And I will take them one at a time out to service but just local stuff. It is more costly though after I spoil them a little and feed them lol. But if I had and epployee doing it I would put a stop to it. There's too much liabilty there.

Personally, I think it all depends on how mature they are.

I have taken my 6yr old daughter with me before under unforeseen circumstances. But I wouldn't be caught dead servicing with my 5yr old daughter! If you catch my drift.

My 6yr old isn't a high and mighty mature saint, but I have seen 10yr olds act worse than she does. But when we go, (very rarely does she go with me.) we have a little pep talk before we get out of the vehicle. she does her "job" and I do mine. And it has actually become quite enjoyable to be honest.

Well, until I have to stop at wal-mart so she can spend her 50cents/ machine serviced on a barbie.... *sigh* She is as bad as my wife is shopping. :-X

I mean good grief!!! all barbies are the same aren't they? Just grab one and lets go! you already have what seems like a million of them, and I couldn't tell you how many times I have stepped on one in the middle of the night!!!!

Maybe I should cut the bulk route shorter when she is with me, so I don't have to stop!

Personally, I think it all depends on how mature they are.

I have taken my 6yr old daughter with me before under unforeseen circumstances. But I wouldn't be caught dead servicing with my 5yr old daughter! If you catch my drift.

My 6yr old isn't a high and mighty mature saint, but I have seen 10yr olds act worse than she does. But when we go, (very rarely does she go with me.) we have a little pep talk before we get out of the vehicle. she does her "job" and I do mine. And it has actually become quite enjoyable to be honest.

Well, until I have to stop at wal-mart so she can spend her 50cents/ machine serviced on a barbie.... *sigh* She is as bad as my wife is shopping. :-X

I mean good grief!!! all barbies are the same aren't they? Just grab one and lets go! you already have what seems like a million of them, and I couldn't tell you how many times I have stepped on one in the middle of the night!!!!

Maybe I should cut the bulk route shorter when she is with me, so I don't have to stop!

I take my 3 year old. I have no choice. My wife works as school teacher. Sometimes in the summer I take my Daughter. teaches them the bus.

I have been vending for over 3 years and I have 5 kids. I take any of my kids with me sometimes all of them. I have never had a problem and they are very helpful. Even my 2 and 4 year old.

I am hoping to turn over what little route I have left to my kids in a couple of years and they can run it as their own business.

Archived