M&M cost increase

bil10219

How are you folks dealing with the M&M cost increase? If I decrease the portion size any further I'll be getting product jams. But if I don't with the gas prices going up I won't be making much on each vend. My customers all love the M&M Peanuts but they are just getting too expensive to vend. Any creative solutions?

Thanks for your input. Bill

• 2 weeks later...

The only solution I see feasible is only feasible if the M&Ms are selling fast. If they are selling fast, buy a larger head like a Northwestern Super 60. Be sure to fill it to the top. Or fill up two large heads with the same product and service it on a 90 day cycle. Of course this will only work if you are in an air conditioned location with blocked sunlight.

With a high priced product...the less often you service it...the more money you save. If you are doing doubles, be sure to put gumballs in the other head. That way you will at least get a high profit margin on one product.

Gas stations and grocery stores do it all the time. They sell some items at a low profit margin just to get customers in the door, but sell other items at a high profit margin.

I have two locations in which I sell plain M&Ms. They sell fast so I keep putting them in the machine. What I don't like is when it is time to buy them again. ^-^

The only solution I see feasible is only feasible if the M&Ms are selling fast. If they are selling fast, buy a larger head like a Northwestern Super 60. Be sure to fill it to the top. Or fill up two large heads with the same product and service it on a 90 day cycle. Of course this will only work if you are in an air conditioned location with blocked sunlight.

With a high priced product...the less often you service it...the more money you save. If you are doing doubles, be sure to put gumballs in the other head. That way you will at least get a high profit margin on one product.

Gas stations and grocery stores do it all the time. They sell some items at a low profit margin just to get customers in the door, but sell other items at a high profit margin.

I have two locations in which I sell plain M&Ms. They sell fast so I keep putting them in the machine. What I don't like is when it is time to buy them again. ^-^

What is the new price? I've been phasing them out slowly. Looks like I'll be speeding it up. To **** with Mars. They can make their margin on the noone who keeps buying their crap.

What is the new price? I've been phasing them out slowly. Looks like I'll be speeding it up. To **** with Mars. They can make their margin on the noone who keeps buying their crap.

Just at Sams the other day.

MMP - almost $10

Skittles - almost $7

Reeses - almost $7

Mike Ike - Over $7

And Dubble Bubble is now at $18.88

Somtimes I wonder if Mars, Hershey and Just Born really understands or appreciates how much product is being moved by bulk vendors. If they think that sales are flat now, just wait until more bulk vendors drop them. Runts anyone??!!

Mars (Planet) = Where their executive's minds are at :huh:

Hershey (Highway) = Where their executive's heads are in :o

Just Born (Yesterday) = The birth date of their executives :P

Dubble Bubble = Double trouble after 6 to 8 months :-[

Willy Wonka = Da Man! B)

Sorry, just couldn't resist!

Archived