Vending Mike and Ikes

sleeper83

Just started vending Mike and Ikes and have been running into problems with the candy sticking and clumping (humid midwest weather). I've read on here that some spray PAM. Is this the only solution to this problem? I'm worried that spraying PAM on my candy would ruin the taste or make them even more sticky. I would like to get a solution because it is selling like crazy.

Just started vending Mike and Ikes and have been running into problems with the candy sticking and clumping (humid midwest weather). I've read on here that some spray PAM. Is this the only solution to this problem? I'm worried that spraying PAM on my candy would ruin the taste or make them even more sticky. I would like to get a solution because it is selling like crazy.

I've also heard that sprinkling a very light amount of corn starch would also help with the sticking problem.

What I do is spray the inside of a gallon sized ziploc. One small squirt on each side is plenty. Be careful not to spray too much in the baggie because it will make the candy look too shiny. Then transfer the candy into the ziploc and shake it up to coat the candy. Putting them in ziplocks also makes it easier to transfer the candy to the machine. It eliminates the use of a scissors at the customers establishment.

What I do is spray the inside of a gallon sized ziploc. One small squirt on each side is plenty. Be careful not to spray too much in the baggie because it will make the candy look too shiny. Then transfer the candy into the ziploc and shake it up to coat the candy. Putting them in ziplocks also makes it easier to transfer the candy to the machine. It eliminates the use of a scissors at the customers establishment.

thanks for the tips guys!

btw, bacho, love the decals! thanks again.

Be aware that some manufacturers have different springs for soft candy (at least Beaver machines do). This does make a major difference in consistent vends of Mike/Ike and Hot tamales. I run in a very humid climate and have to be very careful with these two products.

Archived