Ipad use on the forum

Technivend

Got it. I guess it was how bad it worked for the Blackberry when it first came out. The funny things is that being so stubborn i found Opera mobile seems to perfectly while rendering even the default skin.

Nowif i could just learn howto type onthis thing.

I don't know if Apple products can use Swype, but a lot of people feel it is the absolute BEST way to input data via mobile devices.

Swype is a keyboard that markets itself to device manufacturers and comes pre-installed on those devices. Otherwise, you can try going to www.swype.com and sign up for the Swype Beta program, which is what I've done with all 3 Android phones I've had. I can't imagine having to go back and type the old fashioned way!

Sent from a screamin BAMF'd out T-Bolt using Tapatalk on Verizon Wireless

No need for Tapatalk on my BB as I went back to OS5 and it automatically goes to the mobile skin. On the Ipad the screen is big enough to use the full skin but it doesn't interface properly. Stupid Ipad.

I have to say though TT does make forum reading much easier. YES, I am convinced!! Now if I could get it to work on my 7 inch netbook. Hmmmmmm...

My phone has swype. I can't use it though. I can't see the keyboard if my finger is always on it so I never know where the next letter is to swype to.

I had that very same problem...at first. I discovered that as you develop a *feel* for the Swype keypad, it helps tremendously to turn your phone to a slight angle to better expose the keyboard as you are Swyping. Plus, if you are Swyping even in the ballpark, the predictive text almost always gets it right. And when it doesn't, the correct words are easily added to the Swype dictionary for future use.

I literally cannot use any other keyboard now because it's just too easy and fun to Swype!

Sent using Tapatalk from a screamin BAMF'd out T-Bolt

Steve. Did you change the mobile skin at all? The bar that gave me the dropdown to view new post is missing.

No. The mobile skin is "out of the box stock" I've never made any customizations to it.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

• 1 month later...

The first thing I thought of when I started reading this older thread was Steve optimized this for Chrome if I recall and he uses an Android phone.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the iPad problems.

Go Android.

FWIW, I love my new Infuse and couldn't imagine trying to use a little iPhone with that tiny screen! LOL!

Archived