Ipad use on the forum

Technivend

I just picked an Ipad 2 and it doesn't seem to interface to well with the forum. It first asked me if I wanted to download tapatalk but I said no as the Ipad should be big enough. I can browse fine but I can't post. When I use the full editor the keypad doesn't popup and when I try quick reply it brings up the keyboard and then shuts of the browser.

Anyone else???

Bill,

Come on man, dust off the old wallet and spring for Tapatalk. If you don't like it, I'll pay you back. Lol.

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

Bill,

Come on man, dust off the old wallet and spring for Tapatalk. If you don't like it, I'll pay you back. Lol.

I know the Ipad is basically a big Iphone but I don't have this issue in other forums. I tried Tapatalk on my BB and I thought it sucked and deleted it. I chenged the OS back to 5 on my BB just for TVF.

Deos Tapatalk give the mobile version or full version of TVF?

I guess I could just try loading the mobile version and see how that displays.

Come on Bill. You just got to try it. Like I said, if it doesn't work out for you, I'll reimburse you!

It'll solve all your TVF mobile browsing problems. Besides, you are the official TVF vending tech. You need to be available 24/7 no matter where you are. lol.

If it's the only way, then I guess I'll have to try it again. It's has been cramping my style on the boards. I can see but can't reply and then nothing shows up as unread when I check on my computer. It probably has cost me 10 times that in aggravation alone.....

If it's the only way, then I guess I'll have to try it again.

Yes, it's the only way. See you on the Tapatalk side...........

Hah! I just switched skins to mobile and all is well again. See ya Tapatalk, using the forum the way it was meant to be.....

Blast! Mobile skin wins again!

I'll soon have you in my clutches Mr. Technivend! Until we meet again...

Signed,

Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My Tapatalk client (it's called Convo) on my android is having trouble updating on this site, and is frequently freezing and having to force quit. It only started happening when after the site went down and came back up today.

The only problem with Tapatalk and other forum readers is that TVF may use Tapatalk while another forum may use forum runner. I am trying to find a way that I can visit any forum without needing a special app just to visit them. My Blackberry automatically switches to the mobile version of a website when I visit it. The Ipad doesn't do this all the time. Kinda stupid how unfriendly website can be to mobile browsers since they are so common nowadays.

But yeah, anything but Tapatalk!! :lol:

Both those appear to be compatible with Vbulletin only and would be useless on this forum. TT is the only reader that I know of that supports all major forum platforms and with the latest app for Blackberry, it now works with all three mobile platforms.

Bill, the issue you are having with TT should not be with TT. They offer compatibility with all forums from any device. If you find a forum you'd like to access with TT, simply ask the admin to install it. It's free for the forum and I don't know of any admin who would pass up the opportunity to attract more traffic for free.

In short, TT appears to be the solution you are looking for.

Got it. I guess it was how bad it worked for the Blackberry when it first came out. The funny things is that being so stubborn i found Opera mobile seems to perfectly while rendering even the default skin.

Nowif i could just learn howto type onthis thing.

Yea. They just released a new blackberry version that is supposed to work correctly.

I too love the opera browser. I use it for all non TVF browsing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I did it. I broke down and decided to give this thing a try. I hope it's better then the Forum Reader app. If I can get all my forums in one place it will be worth it.

So.........you win Mr Caserri!!!

Ok, so I did it. I broke down and decided to give this thing a try. I hope it's better then the Forum Reader app. If I can get all my forums in one place it will be worth it.

So.........you win Mr Caserri!!!

And this thing that I speak of is.......TAPATALK!

Still can't type though angry.gif

I've been using Tapatalk on my Android devices for all the forums I participate on for quite some time. It really is the best method for use with mobile devices I have found. Well worth the money I paid for the premium version!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I've been using Tapatalk on my Android devices for all the forums I participate on for quite some time. It really is the best method for use with mobile devices I have found. Well worth the money I paid for the premium version!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

And I didn't pay him to say that Bill. :)

Archived