AP 6600 - Change Light On, Bill Stuck

I have an AP 6600 machine that is a refurb. The machine works properly most of the time but occasionally I get a call from the location stating that a dollar bill was put in, the change light turned on and the bill won't return to them. I instruct them to unplug and plug the machine back in and the dollar bill that jammed the machine spits out, the change light turns off and the machine works properly again.

I should also let you know that when the bill is put in and the change light turns on the keypad also freezes and no items will vend.

Wow, seems to be string of AP issue and validators. Is the floro lamp flickering? If so unplug it. The next step would be the validator itself.

The lamp is in working order and has been replaced recently. So you think I should try a new validator?

The way I see it, I would list the culprits of this problem in the following order, from most likely, to least:

1. Bill validator

2. Control board

3. Coin mech

I would, depending on what you found today, deal with the issue by switching out those in that order, until the problem goes away.

It's a mars bill acceptor series 2000.

I did remove the flor light just in case that is still causing issues. I'm going to leave that for a week and see if the problem occurs again.

Thanks for the help guys!

Well I unplugged the light completely and I still got a call from the location saying the problem is occuring still.

With the bulb gone when the plug and unplug the machine it still doesn't work.

I guess I should try a new control board?

What do you have for spare parts? If you have a spare validator or mech it will be cheaper to start there. It very well may be your board but start with the parts you have first.

We went back to the location and looked everything over. Before the problem started we remembered we had switch the bill escrow to the left and noted when running the route it was switched to the right on all of our other machines.

We went in and switched it to the right and so far we haven't had any calls about the machine being out of order. They're generally pretty fast to call us. I'll let you guys know what happens on Thursday.

Stupid mistake on our part, but we're still learning!

Archived