RENTING MACHINES

I have a church that wants to rent a snack machine from me.What i need to know is should I charga a flat fee or a commission based rent.i have an AP 4600 with AP7000 electronics.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

John

I would think the best you are going to get out of rent to a church would be around $20.00 (maybe a little more) a month. Is that worth the hassel of renting it and giving up one you your machines? I would sell it before I would consider renting because once they buy it is is theirs if you rent it you will be running back and fourth fixing every little thing. Around my area churches have been hit with break ins a lot latley. One break in and you make no money on the rental.

If you feel generous then take $500 down and finance the rest for 6-12 months but it is theirs and they are responsible for any repiars or damages.....

HI,

Here is an arrangement we had renting a machine...It may help give you some ideas in your situation....

We had a machine we rented to a local building supply company....I believe we charged them $7 per week and we stocked the machine for them at an agreed to price per product...The store marked up the pricing we gave them for the foods (chips, nabs, cakes, candies)so they made some $$ from the machine and we made a little wholesaling the snacks to them...The store got to keep all the $$ in the machine BUT they also ate the outdated foods...The store had a key to the machine and they kept the changer full (of course if something happened they could not handle we had to do the fixing).

The arrangement above worked for many years....Luckily the store got tired of counting all the change all the time and now we are doing it all w/ no commission to them either!

The renting did make $$ BUT having the site all to ourselves w/o having to pay commission is even better!

If you think the church is a good opportunity I'd say give it a shot....worse come to worse you pull the machine later.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

HI,

Here is an arrangement we had renting a machine...It may help give you some ideas in your situation....

We had a machine we rented to a local building supply company....I believe we charged them $7 per week and we stocked the machine for them at an agreed to price per product...The store marked up the pricing we gave them for the foods (chips, nabs, cakes, candies)so they made some $$ from the machine and we made a little wholesaling the snacks to them...The store got to keep all the $$ in the machine BUT they also ate the outdated foods...The store had a key to the machine and they kept the changer full (of course if something happened they could not handle we had to do the fixing).

The arrangement above worked for many years....Luckily the store got tired of counting all the change all the time and now we are doing it all w/ no commission to them either!

The renting did make $$ BUT having the site all to ourselves w/o having to pay commission is even better!

If you think the church is a good opportunity I'd say give it a shot....worse come to worse you pull the machine later.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

I'm going to try it for a few months. I need to update the computer to MDB but I don't currently have the 300 to invest in it right now so I figured I'd rent it til I get the computer.If it turns out that they keep calling me for repairs,I'll pull it.Question is how much do I charge for a 5 wide?Thanks guys

John

I have a church that wants to rent a snack machine from me.What i need to know is should I charga a flat fee or a commission based rent.i have an AP 4600 with AP7000 electronics.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

John

I would let them use it for free. Then take a fair market deduction on my taxes for the donation of rent.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Archived