Competing with retailers

dperry

VoodooDolls.jpg

I was letting my daughter shop at the local Hot Topic, and I found these on the wall. It looks like the Voodoo Dolls have gone mainstream now. Or was it mainstream before they got stuffed into capsules. Either way, it looks like we have retail competition for these. However if you only sell them for $1, you might be undercutting their prices. I don't know if these are the exact same dolls, since I've never seen the vending ones, so I don't know if they are a different size or better detailed.

But this is making me think of the issue with squishland stuff being sold over the counter as well.

Just wondering if this can be an issue.

Funny. The colors look different from the vending machines. And yes, I sell a lot of these when people see the $1 price.

Historically retail items that go bulk do very well. And items that are bulk and go retail do poorly. The dolls are going great for me at 1.00 and I'm using them as a mix to move slow items and doing that at .75 it also does great. Did you look on the packaging to see if the dolls came from AA? In the case of brand I have talked to several store owners and managers and the brand products arnt moving in fact I have seen them on sale.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Historically retail items that go bulk do very well. And items that are bulk and go retail do poorly. The dolls are going great for me at 1.00 and I'm using them as a mix to move slow items and doing that at .75 it also does great. Did you look on the packaging to see if the dolls came from AA? In the case of brand I have talked to several store owners and managers and the brand products arnt moving in fact I have seen them on sale.

I have seen these in toy stores and the mall for $9 each. They are a little nicer but for $1 you are giving them a great deal on a good series of String Dolls. I have a good supplier for them that is cheaper than A&A,($52/cs. 20.8c each) email me if you are interested.

Gary

I have seen these in toy stores and the mall for $9 each. They are a little nicer but for $1 you are giving them a great deal on a good series of String Dolls. I have a good supplier for them that is cheaper than A&A,($52/cs. 20.8c each) email me if you are interested.

Gary

I'm selling the heck out of string dolls. I also had 30 cs of the bottle caps sent out today. They will do great.

• 3 months later...

Archived