Please help: Conlux Bill Changer & Coin Mech

I really need your help.

Last week I was told that my AP 7600 machine (with a revision door) was taking dollar bills but not giving change. I performed a few test vends using dollar bills and could not recreate the problem. Rather, I found that that my machine was taking the dollar bills, giving the desired product, AND 4 quarters back. I called a service out to take a look, but before he could look at it, I performed more tests and the issue was non existent, and so I told the service guy not to come see the machine.

This week, I was told that the same machine was not reading coins. I performed some tests on various trays, and for sure, the machine read my coins that I inserted. I was then told that the persons losing money used all quarters - so I performed tests using all quarters and had no problems at all.

I have a theory that, when I open the door to get change/cash out to perform the tests, that the machine goes back to normal.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: The model number of my bill changer, which is only 45 days old, is as follows: NBM 3140

The changer model number, I couldn't get it as it was installed, however, the front of it says CCM5G. Both are made from CONLUX.

Your problem does sound like a changer issue so I would first start there. The problem you will have us the Revision door uses a new board and nit the original AP board and it sounds as if every tine you open the door there is an interlock switch that is resetting the machine. The only way to eliminate this is to tape in the switch so when you open the door it stays in the vend position so you can se what may be happening.

Your problem does sound like a changer issue so I would first start there. The problem you will have us the Revision door uses a new board and nit the original AP board and it sounds as if every tine you open the door there is an interlock switch that is resetting the machine. The only way to eliminate this is to tape in the switch so when you open the door it stays in the vend position so you can se what may be happening.

Thank you! I'll look into it ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...

as a rule i always run a few test vends before i open the door as it could be a pinched harness or something putting pressure on the coin mech and check that the machines propely grounded

Thank you so much.

What part is the interlocking switch? Thanks in advance!

Archived