metal piece under the delievry chute (DN stack)

dogcow

I was removing a malfunctioning cooling unit. first time doing this

when i took the delivery chute out a piece of metal came out from under(?) it.

it is a piece of aluminum and i cant figure out how it goes back in or if its needed.

my machine had some "kit" pieces on to restrict airflow that my repair

guy said werent needed does anyone know if this is one of them, does it need to

go back in. i think it was mounted over the coils/fan under the chute somehow

If it is bent at about 45 degrees it is probably the deflector that goes on the top of the condensor. You would place this on the top of the condensor with the bend to the back slanting upwards. This is to help direct airflow.

If it is bent at about 45 degrees it is probably the deflector that goes on the top of the condensor. You would place this on the top of the condensor with the bend to the back slanting upwards. This is to help direct airflow.

ok so it goes between the condensor and the delivery chute basically?

that sounds like the right part, also makes sense why i couldnt make it fit back in properly when i took the cooling unit out. hopefully when i get the new unit

tomorrow it will fit in properly thanks a lot!

bill thanks, i noticed a rust spot where the clip should be, so i used that to line it up

i found one of the clips it looks like it went in right.

does it really matter if the deck is bolted down?the new deck didnt line up right with the holes

does it really matter if the deck is bolted down?the new deck didnt line up right with the holes

Well, yes and no. If it is not secure when you go and move the machine you could damage the unit. It will work without it bolted down but I would suggest just drilling a hole and get at least one bolt in there.

Well, yes and no. If it is not secure when you go and move the machine you could damage the unit. It will work without it bolted down but I would suggest just drilling a hole and get at least one bolt in there.

the next move that machine makes is to the dump, and id take all the parts out first anyway

thanks !

Archived