what do you do with dead validators?

dogcow

I have a bunch of dead validators, local repair shops want at least $50 to repair them

but i can get working ones for $50. The only place that takes them in exchange locally wants $65 for a working one exchanged for a dead one. Is there anyone who buys them? Someone on another forum offered me $10/ea but I'd spend more than that shipping them probably would not even break even. Is there a guide out there to fixing them? They are all coinco ba30b

I have a bunch of dead validators, local repair shops want at least $50 to repair them

but i can get working ones for $50. The only place that takes them in exchange locally wants $65 for a working one exchanged for a dead one. Is there anyone who buys them? Someone on another forum offered me $10/ea but I'd spend more than that shipping them probably would not even break even. Is there a guide out there to fixing them? They are all coinco ba30b

I send them out to vendors repair services. They come by every two weeks, pick up what I have and drop off the repaired ones. I can't remember what they charge but its a flat fee($30-40) plus parts to rebuild. There is a big difference between "used working" and refurbished. You are better off with a rebuilt validator that has been thoroughly cleaned, fixed, and had the belts replaced for $50-60 then one that just still works for the same price. You could get an SEM tester and learn how to do the repair yourself, but I always find my time better spent finding accounts and letting someone else worry about stuff like this.

JD

I send them out to vendors repair services. They come by every two weeks, pick up what I have and drop off the repaired ones. I can't remember what they charge but its a flat fee($30-40) plus parts to rebuild. There is a big difference between "used working" and refurbished. You are better off with a rebuilt validator that has been thoroughly cleaned, fixed, and had the belts replaced for $50-60 then one that just still works for the same price. You could get an SEM tester and learn how to do the repair yourself, but I always find my time better spent finding accounts and letting someone else worry about stuff like this.

JD

VRS office is about a half hour away from here i believe they wanted around $50 to repair them.

I know what you mean about used working and refurb i did not pay much for the bill validators, got them from a vendor repair place that was going out of business i cant remember exactly what i paid i think around 30 bucks, they did not last 6 months one lasted about two weeks and another one the control board was held in with scotch tape, you get what you pay for

Do what coinvestor said.

Buy a back up one, so when one goes out, you send the bad one off to your repair person to refurbish it. There you go!

PS. Coinvestor is actually saving money by using someone more local - others have to ship theirs off to their repair person. Find someone local and save the shipping charges each time.

PS. Coinvestor is actually saving money by using someone more local - others have to ship theirs off to their repair person. Find someone local and save the shipping charges each time.

Actually they are about 300 miles from me. They run a route across several states to pickup and drop off. They don't charge for this unless gas goes up.

JD

Archived