Can't locate Midwest Locators - Please HELP!

Safari

I placed an order with Jackie Barstow on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 for 10 locations and 6 freebee locations for $350.00. It was paid for with my PayPal account. As of today, Wednesday, October 5, 2011, I have not received any location from MidWest. I send these folks 2 emails and have not received any replies. I tried calling them a few hours ago and was told by a recording that this number was unavailable and to try to call them again some time in the future.

I have done business with Jackie Barstow before and have noticed a similar situation with her. Apparently, she does not understand that I am into this vending business quite seriously. This is not a camping vacation for me nor is it a hobby. I have bills that are stacking up on me and am unable to offset these bills with no profit whatsoever. I have had to offset these bills plus expenses from my regular 9-5 job earnings, which creates account problems with my creditors and bank as well. Apparently, Jackie does not understand this.

No communication with your clients and no locations found is inappropriate and very unprofessional. I do not know what to do now. How do I obtain a refund of my $350.00 from Midwest Locators? They are located in Michigan and I am located in California. I can't locate them online (http://www.midwestlocators.com) nor call them (1-417-987-4207).

Can someone help me?

I placed an order with Jackie Barstow on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 for 10 locations and 6 freebee locations for $350.00. It was paid for with my PayPal account. As of today, Wednesday, October 5, 2011, I have not received any location from MidWest. I send these folks 2 emails and have not received any replies. I tried calling them a few hours ago and was told by a recording that this number was unavailable and to try to call them again some time in the future.

I have done business with Jackie Barstow before and have noticed a similar situation with her. Apparently, she does not understand that I am into this vending business quite seriously. This is not a camping vacation for me nor is it a hobby. I have bills that are stacking up on me and am unable to offset these bills with no profit whatsoever. I have had to offset these bills plus expenses from my regular 9-5 job earnings, which creates account problems with my creditors and bank as well. Apparently, Jackie does not understand this.

No communication with your clients and no locations found is inappropriate and very unprofessional. I do not know what to do now. How do I obtain a refund of my $350.00 from Midwest Locators? They are located in Michigan and I am located in California. I can't locate them online (http://www.midwestlocators.com) nor call them (1-417-987-4207).

Can someone help me?

They are (or were) in Missouri not Michigan. Only recourse is to go thru the credit company you paid her with. I thought she went out some time ago.

• 3 months later...

It is now Friday, February 3, 2012 and the situation with MidWestLocators continues as usual. For those of you that responded to my message "Thank You!". However, the solution is not as simple as it appears. I spoke to PayPal and they informed me that Jackie Barlow closed her PayPal account months ago. In addition, PayPal could not refund me the money because of the contractual agreement that I and everyone else has with them concerning refunds on hard goods and refunds on services. Refunds on hard goods purchased from your client can be refund if done so before the 45th day after the payment was made, and only before the 45th day. Refunds on services, such as locators looking for businesses, is considered a service, and hence, it is not refundable under any circumstance,whether it is before or after the 45th day after payment was made. As for the credit card company, well, it was drawn from my Wells Fargo account. I spoke to banking services and they informed me that because of the timeframe involved that they could not do much about this, especially when a legitimate payment was made in belief that MidWestLocators would honor their terms, which they didn't.

Jackie Barlow and MidWestLocators are simply snakes and thieves. On the Internet it is simply difficult to find an honest business that is affiliated with vending locations.

It is now Friday, February 3, 2012 and the situation with MidWestLocators continues as usual. For those of you that responded to my message "Thank You!". However, the solution is not as simple as it appears. I spoke to PayPal and they informed me that Jackie Barlow closed her PayPal account months ago. In addition, PayPal could not refund me the money because of the contractual agreement that I and everyone else has with them concerning refunds on hard goods and refunds on services. Refunds on hard goods purchased from your client can be refund if done so before the 45th day after the payment was made, and only before the 45th day. Refunds on services, such as locators looking for businesses, is considered a service, and hence, it is not refundable under any circumstance,whether it is before or after the 45th day after payment was made. As for the credit card company, well, it was drawn from my Wells Fargo account. I spoke to banking services and they informed me that because of the timeframe involved that they could not do much about this, especially when a legitimate payment was made in belief that MidWestLocators would honor their terms, which they didn't.

Jackie Barlow and MidWestLocators are simply snakes and thieves. On the Internet it is simply difficult to find an honest business that is affiliated with vending locations.

Never pay any one online unless its with a real credit card, you get more protection, and if some one take more then a week start in on them then after two weeks ask for a refund if that does not work after 3 weeks go to the credit card company. Seems harsh but its better then being bent over to the tune of 350.00

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had problems with Midwest lately? They still owe me several locations--but it's been a long time. I'm well past the time for declining charges (It's probably been a year and a half). I was going to call her and see if we could work something out, but it sounds like she may have just turned off the phone and closed the accounts to prevent people from getting refunds. It sucks, but it was her I paid--after she bought the company. Refusing to provide locations (the ones I got sucked, I'll take that loss but she only filled about a third of the order--all doing less than 5/month on triples). I'm considering small claims. Anyone go that route? If I go that way is there a way to simplify the process for several vendors to sue at the same time?

I don't think you can do class action lawsuits through small claims court. They are for individual cases only and no attorney is needed. I know you can ask for 3 times the amount you are suing for but I think you have to file in court in the area she is in (not sure on this).

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived