Help with Quantum 700 Series Coin Mech

McCanndy

Hello,

First off i'm so excited to have found this forum and look forward to meeting everyone and learning more about this business! (i'll post in the newbie section my route information later)

I'm having an issue with a Pepsi Soda Machine, it's a Vendo 407 with a Mars Series 2000 Bill Validator, and a Quantum 700 Series Coin Mech.

Basically, it seems to not know that it has quarters in the tube.

It will accept all coins and bills just fine, but when a bill is inserted it will dispense 2 dimes and a nickel instead of the obvious quarter.

Also, this seems to throw the "EXACT CHANGE ONLY" light on sometimes too.

I have removed all the quarters (by holding the "D" button to dispense) and then loaded a full tube of quarters manually by means of 3 at a time and a vend. (Thinking it would need to see them coming in and count.) Still no luck.

I look forward to some assistance and I greatly appreciate the feedback!

McCanndy

If you can empty the tube with the D button we know the payout is not jammed. Since you can fill it while making Vends we know the changer is not seeing a bad or full sensor reading. The next st is what happens when you try to overfilled

The quarters? Do the coins ever go into the cashbox or do they jam up the changer?

Couple of things to look at. The Quantum has a door that covers the tubes. Swing that open and make sure the mirrors are in place. Next you can try blowing out the coin tubes with compressed air incase there is dust on the sensor.

If you can empty the tube with the D button we know the payout is not jammed. Since you can fill it while making Vends we know the changer is not seeing a bad or full sensor reading. The next st is what happens when you try to overfilled

The quarters? Do the coins ever go into the cashbox or do they jam up the changer?

Couple of things to look at. The Quantum has a door that covers the tubes. Swing that open and make sure the mirrors are in place. Next you can try blowing out the coin tubes with compressed air incase there is dust on the sensor.

Sometimes wiping the mirrors clean helps. Also make sure that the door with the mirrors closes properly or the mirrors reflect at a strange angle.

JD

Hello and thank you for the replies!

Once the quarters are full, they overflow into the coin box as normal.

I have wiped the mirrors down and they seem clean and intact, but next I will try compressed air on the sensors.

*Is there a faster way to empty the quarters out besides the "one at a time button method"?

*Can I manually load the tubes from the back to refill?

Thank you!

McCanndy

Sounds like you top sensor is working ok. Try emptying the coim mech out all the way and then making vends with nickels dimes and quarters only. Do this with about three dollars. Next make a bunch of vends with bills only. I think you will find after paying out your nickels and dimes it will stop working. It sounds as if your lower sensor is bad.

Sounds like you top sensor is working ok. Try emptying the coim mech out all the way and then making vends with nickels dimes and quarters only. Do this with about three dollars. Next make a bunch of vends with bills only. I think you will find after paying out your nickels and dimes it will stop working. It sounds as if your lower sensor is bad.

Thank you for the feedback, I will first try to clean the sensor and hopefully that works. If not, is that sensor something replaceable on it's own or would I need to replace the unit completely?

Thanks again

McCanndy

Sometimes wiping the mirrors clean helps. Also make sure that the door with the mirrors closes properly or the mirrors reflect at a strange angle.

JD

Hehehe... I know this should be obvious to me, but either it's too far past my bedtime, or I've really missed this mark on this one, but what are the "mirrors"? Never heard of that before pertaining to a coin mech!

JD, I'm glad you know me better!

Sent from my screamin BAMF'd out T-Bolt on Verizon Wireless

JD

Hehehe... I know this should be obvious to me, but either it's too far past my bedtime, or I've really missed this mark on this one, but what are the "mirrors"? Never heard of that before pertaining to a coin mech!

The quantum has a swing out door that covers the coin tubes. On this door there are so called mirrors (more so just reflectors)

Still no luck with the quarters dispensing, just dimes and nickel still.

I removed all the quarters and used compressed air to blast away any dust from the sensor, all the "shiny tape" was intact and perfect as well.

Can I go in and replace the sensor itself or is it preferred to replace the entire unit?

If full replace is best, would $52 for a new one be a good price?

Thanks again!

McCanndy

Still no luck with the quarters dispensing, just dimes and nickel still.

I removed all the quarters and used compressed air to blast away any dust from the sensor, all the "shiny tape" was intact and perfect as well.

Can I go in and replace the sensor itself or is it preferred to replace the entire unit?

If full replace is best, would $52 for a new one be a good price?

Thanks again!

McCanndy

It could just need a tune and not the sensor itself. $52.00 is cheap, you do realize it is not "new" and may not even be rebuilt/updated? So, make sure you get some type of warranty. We charge $30.95 plus parts, and then add in shipping you are at the same price.

It could just need a tune and not the sensor itself. $52.00 is cheap, you do realize it is not "new" and may not even be rebuilt/updated? So, make sure you get some type of warranty. We charge $30.95 plus parts, and then add in shipping you are at the same price.

What does a tune consist of? Also I was reading in the manual something about "Float Mode" and adjusting the float level. Could this be something to try and turn off or on to see if it works?

Thanks

McCanndy

What does a tune consist of? Also I was reading in the manual something about "Float Mode" and adjusting the float level. Could this be something to try and turn off or on to see if it works?

Thanks

McCanndy

For us we clean the unit, hook it up to the computer and reload the factory software with any updates into the unit. We also test every sensor, coil, switch and reset the eprom. We are a Coinco approved repair company so we are logged into their servers to get the latest and greatest updates.

Float mode is a coin tube level setting that I don't think would have any bearing but it won't hurt to try.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to give us a call, we would be more than happy to talk to you and help you diagnose the problem. We do repairs and advanced replacements if you want to get your machine up and running as soon as possible.

Archived