wittern group model 3130

wbuffett

a couple of times in the last 3 weeks ive gotten a call from an account that the machine has taken the money for a selection and not vended the product. both times ive gone to check the machine and it works fine for me. i test several different selections using both coins and bills. is this something i should worry about, possible a sign of an upcoming problem or does this randomly happen to everyone?

thanks

There might be a couple problems, technical or social. Technically it could be virtually anything.

Start by asking them if the display actually showed the money and they could choose their product or it just vanished before selection, I have seen on the wittern machines where the door doesnt close properly or the coin bezel is cracked and the coin shute doesnt line up, coin doesnt even get to the coin mech. you find coins lying in the bottom of the door. thats a start. Is there a problem with people shaking the machine, so the front item is missing ? then your honest joe comes along and the machine "swallows" his money.

Socially: are you refunding them every time. ? Has somebody at the site perhaps figured out that a call to you once a week with a spurious comaplaint results in a free snack ? Is the same person logging the call and offering to refund their supposed co worker every time ? Its happened to me, and some thin lipped questioning of the complainant resulted in them suddenly changingin their mind about what actually happened.

and the coin shute doesnt line up, coin doesnt even get to the coin mech. you find coins lying in the bottom of the door. thats a start.

this happens, what do you do about it. i will find maybe 1 or 2 coins

behind the coin acceptor. but i can never get it to happen. what do you do about it?

a couple of times in the last 3 weeks ive gotten a call from an account that the machine has taken the money for a selection and not vended the product. both times ive gone to check the machine and it works fine for me. i test several different selections using both coins and bills. is this something i should worry about, possible a sign of an upcoming problem or does this randomly happen to everyone?

thanks

Does the machine have Ivend? If not you will need more information. Explain to the location you need to what the product was in order to pay out refunds so you can fix the problem or it may continue. It could anything like a bad motor, coupler, wire, etc. The problem is it is intermittent and one of 32 possible selections.

Check your the 4 screws holding the coin shute to the coin bezel/slot very closely, I have seen some that the plastic cracks around the screws and is almost undetectable. but that causes it not to line up properly. I had this happen fairly often until I had metal ones made.

On others for some reason it just happens from time to time. My decidely untechnical solution was to stick a folded up piece of cardboard behind top of the coin validator, The shute presses against it. and this doesnt allow any space for the coin to bounce out. something stuck between the light fitting back and the coin shute also can help keep it aligned.

Re: Technivends advice. I like the idea of quizzing the location staff to see if it is always one item causing a problem. Helps narrow it down if it isnt a coin shute problem. Also... If they really lost their money they are generally not too fussed about the cash, happy to talk and help you with ideas to fix. If they are trying their luck they generally will try extracting money from you and will be vague on detail.

thanks for the responses. yes the machine is equipped with ivend. im not sure if its the same product because when i went the last time the person wasnt around. its a professional atmosphere in the office and im quite sure they are telling the truth. the person i trust the most in the office was in the breakroom when the 2nd time occurred.

Check your the 4 screws holding the coin shute to the coin bezel/slot very closely, I have seen some that the plastic cracks around the screws and is almost undetectable. but that causes it not to line up properly. I had this happen fairly often until I had metal ones made.

On others for some reason it just happens from time to time. My decidely untechnical solution was to stick a folded up piece of cardboard behind top of the coin validator, The shute presses against it. and this doesnt allow any space for the coin to bounce out. something stuck between the light fitting back and the coin shute also can help keep it aligned.

thanks man, the folded up cardboard is a good idea, i was thinking of that myself, nobody ever mentions losing the money but i know its an issue so its been bothering me. Ill check the screws also.

appreciate the advice!

It is odd for any machine that has a vend sensor to steal all the customers money. If it was a chute issue it usually is a quarter here and quarter there. It sounds more electrical to me than mechanical. Try this, turn the power off to the machine and remove and replace each connector on the control board one by one. This will scratch the contacts and reset the connectors. This can at times help with gremlins. Other then that I think you will need to get more specifics in order to do an educated and not guessing fix.

Archived