How much money do you spend on Candy?

huynhhh

How much money do you spend on candy? Just a fun thread, I'm only 2 or 3 months into my vending adventure but have spent 400$ in candy already and have only seen 20$ return! Haha it costs money to fill heads, so I guess as I expand this is normal to see.. I only have 5 locations...

I can't imagine what you bigger guys spend

That seems like alot. I only have 1 head with candy. I put skittles in it, and spend about $20 every 2 months. Spend alot on capsules though.

It cost me a bit less than 200$ to fill five locations, the other 200$ is for when I service in a week or two, and as I expand, I gotta fill the machines with something

How much money do you spend on candy? Just a fun thread, I'm only 2 or 3 months into my vending adventure but have spent 400$ in candy already and have only seen 20$ return! Haha it costs money to fill heads, so I guess as I expand this is normal to see.. I only have 5 locations...

I can't imagine what you bigger guys spend

When I had my candy route, I would spend around $500 per service cycle. I serviced 150+ 1-800 triple head machines every 90 days.

When I had my candy route, I would spend around $500 per service cycle. I serviced 150+ 1-800 triple head machines every 90 days.

Woah what am I doing wrong here? Is it because it costs more to place a machine (initial candy cost so your machine doesn't look run down)

How high did you fill your candy to?

I'm currently running pmm, mike and Ike's, GB and skittles.. Might get into Reece's pieces and runts soon but need to see the profit margin

Woah what am I doing wrong here? Is it because it costs more to place a machine (initial candy cost so your machine doesn't look run down)

How high did you fill your candy to?

I'm currently running pmm, mike and Ike's, GB and skittles.. Might get into Reece's pieces and runts soon but need to see the profit margin

As the old saying goes "you have to spend money to make monetary". Now with that being said yes you will spend money to buy candy. As others have said they also are expanding their routes as they go, so the need for extra candy. One must also remember that there is a cash layout when starting a bulk vending route, ie. filling new machines at placement. There also is a late cash layout when one buys an existing route and has to replace the candy in all of the machines if they have been neglected. I think you are fine with that amount to start out. Now next service cycle should be a lot less and then it should even out.

How high did you fill your machine? I have square beaver heads and usually fill half,

Half fill is a good start. When you service next time you will see if you need to add more.

As the old saying goes "you have to spend money to make monetary". Now with that being said yes you will spend money to buy candy. As others have said they also are expanding their routes as they go, so the need for extra candy. One must also remember that there is a cash layout when starting a bulk vending route, ie. filling new machines at placement. There also is a late cash layout when one buys an existing route and has to replace the candy in all of the machines if they have been neglected. I think you are fine with that amount to start out. Now next service cycle should be a lot less and then it should even out.

Half fill is a good start. When you service next time you will see if you need to add more.

So I should keep it at around half all the time I guess then

Archived