Being Efficient Servicing Locations

BluePlate

T Bird,

I ordered a custom made hitch for the Santa Fe and bought the cargo carrier at Walmart.  It was 130 for the hitch and around 55 for the carrier.  I also bought a special keyed lock for the hitch. 

Let me know if you have trouble finding a hitch for that price and I'll dig out my receipt for you.  It has worked really great.  You can even buy a special crate or cargo carrier to fit the exact size of the carrier.   If you had that, I estimate you could carry about 4 large boxes of 2" capsules, probably more.  I just bought one large and one small weather proof bag from WalMart for the carrier.  I am so maxed out for space it is ridiculos, but I won't sacrifice the gas mileage.

Have a good one.

Mark

Darryl,

Does your container hold about a third of a box of gumballs?  This sounds like an interesting idea.

Mark

Yeah, prolly.  I've never checked exactly how many it holds.  I got it at walmart in the kitchen container aisle.

Blueplate,

Its not a trailer - its like you said the things you can carry luggage or coolers on. I have the cargo bags to hold my capsules. It has come in really handy. You could probably do the same thing if you have a luggage rack on top of your vehicle.

Mark

• 4 years later...

I just started using this in the last few months.

http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=ZAG+ROLLING+WORK&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=020800R&SDesc=FatMax%26%23174%3B+4-in-1+Mobile+Work+Station

Carries my cleaning stuff, collection bags, a few tools and pens. I try to keep the weight down to make lifting in and out of the van easier. I have a small hand truck for moving product once the collection part is finished.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread started before I even knew this forum existed.

Anyway I use this tool bag. My locations mostly have the same stuff, so I start with enough of everything, and when I get back to my car, I pull out the empty containers, and replace them with full ones. Takes about 5 seconds.

HuskyToolBag