Vending Golf Balls

loach33

Has anyone vended golf balls?  I bought the Jumbo 2 inch machines from A&A thinking no problem on vending them.  Well, they're too heavy.   Even filling it about 10% of the way the spring at the delivery chute broke.  

Whats the best way to do this?    I swear I've seen one before.  Maybe not???

I see 2 Northwestern machines on ebay, and a couple "vintage" machines too. One of the vintage ones is listed as from the 50's.

The Northwestern is a Super 80, and I don't know if they modified it for golf balls, or if it was made that way.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2141725.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgolf+ball+vending.TRS0&_nkw=golf+ball+vending&_sacat=0

Precisely what Hillbilly said. The baffle is the thing in the center of the machine that offsets the weight of the product above it. This is an old picture of one of my units with a "small" baffle inside (circled in red).

7b510a3719299754d66e1fbb864924b1.jpg

To vend heavy items like 45/49mm BB's, Golf Balls, "Heavy" 2" Caps, etc, you'll need an over-sized baffle to compensate. No matter the machine, there are baffles that will work from the manufacturer that just slide over the center rod. If you need it working "NOW!" you can get a round lid off of a sturdier plastic container, cut a hole in the center, and put it down over the existing small baffle to create a sort of "umbrella" that does the same thing. That's definitely a temporary fix, as they will warp over time, and look pretty shabby when products run low, but that is an option in a pinch.

The thing I'm curious is where/why are you vending golf balls? I have never seen a golf ball vending machine in the "wild" myself.

I think I do have the small baffle.  However, if I remember right I don't think it vended when it was filled not even to the baffle height.  They would get jammed in the spring covering the delivery opening.

But that was 4 months ago.  I'll have to re-examine the baffle.  That's what I was thinking....that there would have to be something to hold the weight off the bottom area.

I bought the machine because I have about 15,000 golf balls found in the woods of a course.  So, that's free product.  Selling them for 75 cents each is a pretty profit.....if I can get the machine to work

I think I do have the small baffle.  However, if I remember right I don't think it vended when it was filled not even to the baffle height.  They would get jammed in the spring covering the delivery opening.

But that was 4 months ago.  I'll have to re-examine the baffle.  That's what I was thinking....that there would have to be something to hold the weight off the bottom area.

I bought the machine because I have about 15,000 golf balls found in the woods of a course.  So, that's free product.  Selling them for 75 cents each is a pretty profit.....if I can get the machine to work

Not a bad plan if you can find a good spot for it.

Do you have a picture of the machine? There are a number of brush housings for A&A/NW machines, and there might be a way to better reinforce what you have- granted we know what kind it is. Looking forward to helping you further!

I just bought a northern beaver with the medium capsule wheel in it - the seller said his office used to use that machine to sell golf balls. Don't know if they had any mis-vending issues doing that though.

The Northern Beaver can be set up to dispense golf balls, as long as you have a weight reducing disc and the correct conversion (medium capsule/2 inch). We have many clients who use our machines in their mini golf locations to dispense golf balls, and we do not hear of any mis-vend issues!

Not a bad plan if you can find a good spot for it.

Do you have a picture of the machine? There are a number of brush housings for A&A/NW machines, and there might be a way to better reinforce what you have- granted we know what kind it is. Looking forward to helping you further!

I appreciate that. I'll revisit this soon.  Not at the top of my list right now.  Just saw that Vend Discuss was back and was excited to ask this question.  I'd been waiting for months!

I appreciate that. I'll revisit this soon.  Not at the top of my list right now.  Just saw that Vend Discuss was back and was excited to ask this question.  I'd been waiting for months!

Sure thing sir! We'll be here for the long haul if and when you ever have questions.  ^_^ 

Archived