Coin Funnels - Taking the Plunge

lakevending

I have been thinking about coin funnels ever since I ran across the discussion about them on the board http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/1585-anyone-doing-coin-funnels/ a while ago. I have some extra money coming so it's time to jump in! I tracked down the specialty leasing manager at the mall I want to put them in and picked a manufacturer. I'm going to get them from here http://hyperbolicfunnel.com/ . The owner is giving me the charity discount because my business model donates 10% of my gross to Alex's Lemonade Stand and he's also offered to donate an additional small funnel. I want to finalize my order next week and then they should get placed within 14 days after I order depending on the shipping time. I'll keep the board updated with my progress.

I have 3 coin funnels made by impuse

I have seen the above funnels and compared them price vs
roi

if you have a charity they will make more money

the ones your looking at are larger than the impulse ones.

and all my funnels do ok but not GREAT money wise.

theres allways toys,gum candy and anything else kids will funnel down inside

and a ton of pennies, if you have a coin sorter make sure to screen the money first and check for dumb stuff

i had someone put in a few of the 22cal nail gun bullets inside and my coin counter set one off.

a few parts ordered from klopp and it was like new again

bill

if you need advice on these let me know

Where do you have your placed at Bill? I'm getting 2 larger funnels and placing them at a nearby mall but I'm debating what to do with the small one. It might do well at Kohl's or T.J. Maxx if they'll let me put it there.

My coin sorter is my kindergartener. She loves helping me with vending stuff and it's a good hands on learning experience for her (and free labor for me).

I have them placed in 2 malls in michigan and one in a giant trade center market

the plus side is they have a gigantic cashbox and dont need emptied for a long time

mine are all steel and the bottom cashbox is on a caster wheels and medco locks

a supermarket is a great place too.. anywhere there is alot of foot traffic and near registers / exit

the good sign that they do make money is you never see one used for sale or on ebay.

bill

Placing my order today. We're going with a 62 inch and a 40 inch. The smaller one is going to go into a busy mall intersection and a big one would take up too much space. The bigger one is going to go in the food court. A big part of the coin funnel appeal is that my husband and I want to move south within the next 5 years (we're looking at Georgia or Florida based on where he has possible work) and any other type of route that we build up would have to be dismantled and moved with us, or sold. It's kind of a downer to imagine building up a large route and then having to leave it and start over from scratch. Coin funnels could be left for months in between servicing.

Ok, so maybe I'm not going to get into the funnel business right now. The leasing agents are all turning me down. They don't want them, which may be why there aren't any around here. If I find a mall nearby that will take them I still want to give it a go, but it's not looking so good right now. Drats!

Archived