ANTS

MrKentuckian

Is anyone else experiencing ant problems with placed machines? I have received calls from business owners (close friend & family so far) who have seen ants in candy. I tell the business owners that I applied vaseline to base but that it is only a detterent and that the ants came from their business not the machine and that the anys find candy as their food source and that they need to spray for ants. In the meantime, I tell business owners to please place out of order stickers on heads until we can come out and spray Raid Ant & Roach killer around baseboards when their are no customers around and clean or replace machine with another clean machine. I had only been applying vaseline around the bases; however, I discovered a large tubular hole in stem stand leading up to the heads under the base that should be sealed with some kind of cap plug, duct tape, etc. where I will also apply vaseline. This would be difficult to do without breaking down a whole machine that is placed with product in it. Any suggestions?

Whats worked for me is using Crisco instead of Vaseline, it seems to last better in high summer temps. I apply it with a small paint brush at the top of the stand, close to the flange below the heads. I apply a generous layer about 1 1/2"-2" width. Make sure your machine is not coming into contact with any thing the ants can use to access machine also I would not spray Raid Ant & Roach killer anywhere close to machine or product.

There is already a large thread on this subject, but what I do on several hundred sigle stands is stuff the tubular whole with paper towels and then drench that with bug spray, make sure to stuff in the towels pretty tight.

Archived