Hi everyone, 

I have the opportunity to buy 10 land a quarter games at ten different location for $1695. To me this seems like a good idea and that It has the potential to make money. The locations do not take a fee and the prizes only cost me $1 with 1 in 460 odds of winning. Is this a good business idea?

Vendors are very fortunate to find this forum BEFORE buying into ANY biz-op.

If you don't know what a biz-op is -- spend some time reading through this forum.

Learn what the experienced vendors on this forum have to teach you and you will be able to answer your own question about the deal you are considering.

Its a biz-op   it wont produce anything that they quote

Most people fall for their Tactics and the locations they Give you are general losers or no locations at all

once they have your money.

I have used these machines for years on my retail food counter...

they do about $20.00 a month offering a $8.00 food prize

Plus what they don't tell you is these are full of water..

water gets dirty..

Idiots try to stick their hands in for better odds.. and flood the counter its on..

Kids stick junk in the water like a sucker... and you have a DYED RED lexan tube to bleach and clean...

They don't hold up over time and get hazy

they are good if you own a video store offering a free rental..  

http://www.specialtystoreservices.com/productdetails.aspx?productID=2106&link=&group=&img=8531.jpg&category=69

that is where I got mine from 

this is a total  BIZ-0P and don't fall for it

If you do buy into these,  I have millions tied up in Nigeria  by a late dead king as well..

bill

• 3 weeks later...

I did buy the Land A Quarter biz-op before finding this forum. I researched the company (A+ rating w/ BBB) and the locating company

(www.kickstartlocations.com A rating w/BBB) they use before spending my $1859.00. $69.00 was S &H. And I paid the $10.00 per location "Bar and Restaurant Only" upgrade. $550.00 total for the 10 locations. I only have six located currently due to a charity issue. (That's a story for another post). One restaurant I serviced three times in 25 days: $19.50, $23.25, $22.10.  $64.85 isn't bad in 25 days in my book. And so far, no winner yet. COG = $0.00  ;D  16 winners between my other five locations. Another location: $19.75 & $24.85 in 14 days. Three winners COG = $3.00 plus postage & envelopes. Another one: $34.75 & $22.85 in 21 days. One winner. COG= $1.00 + postage & env. Total income for the first month with only six placed is $301.90 - COG $16.00 + P & E. If all 10 had been located at once in good locations, it would take about 3.75 months to recoup the investment. All biz-ops aren't bad. If within the first 90 days you loose a location or just aren't happy with the money from a location, you get a free replacement location. After 90 days a replacement is $20.00 for up to two years. The only extras I found in the water were dimes, nickles, & pennies. Kids love to hit up mom or dad for coins to drop in the units. The have fun, it's cheap for M & D, and they don't win because it's not a quarter. The downside is they fill up faster and require service more often. I don't let the coins get to within an inch from the top of the pedestal.  I check them every six days and service them every six to nine days, still not bad for the money. I also have five acrylic candy honor boxes making money that I bought on ebay, and one cardboard candy box making $ of the 50 I just bought from from Sherdian systems. I had six double headed machines and two singles from '99 to '06. I currently have six of the boxing games in bars. The money is low this time of year so I got into this to supplement my USAF retirement and boxer income. Got rid of my JOB on August 30 2013. ;D   Great forum! Have learned some stuff and look forward to learning more.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Quick Update. I have ten of these on location for about that I've put in over two months. I'm averaging about $11 dollars or so between them all. Some locations are real crap and I've had less than $2.00 there and others have been $20+ consistently.

A question for anyone who stops by and reads this, how can I go about making sure the locations actually put these on the counter-top by the registers? They always want to stuff me in some back corner which kills my #'s. Any help would be excellent!

Hi,

Just curious as to how you are doing it.  Are you affiliated with a charity? Are you going with the vacation certificates as prizes?  If so, would it instead help if you offered a prize from the location in which you have them placed?  Like a free personal pizza, or a free soft drink, free video rental, etc? Then have the business keep track and reimburse them when you service the account. From what I understand, the chances of winning on these things is like 1 in 500, so it probably wouldn't affect your bottom line too much and if you're buying something from the business, they might be a little more lenient in where you place them.  Just a thought.

Good luck and please report back!

It's kind of silly but I run it to the car, use a funnel and dump the water into an empty jug, empty the coins( the ones that stick just spin the whole thing in a small circle they come right out), proceed to refill it with water and run it out.

Hi,

Just curious as to how you are doing it.  Are you affiliated with a charity? Are you going with the vacation certificates as prizes?  If so, would it instead help if you offered a prize from the location in which you have them placed?  Like a free personal pizza, or a free soft drink, free video rental, etc? Then have the business keep track and reimburse them when you service the account. From what I understand, the chances of winning on these things is like 1 in 500, so it probably wouldn't affect your bottom line too much and if you're buying something from the business, they might be a little more lenient in where you place them.  Just a thought.

Good luck and please report back!

Don't buy into the 1-500 number. That doesn't account for people within the business who lie/are too dumb to realize quarters only/cheaters who just sign up on the sheet. Vacations WAAAAAAAYYYY better only cost about a dollar, take a little work on your part but its super simple this way.

I am charity affiliated, and its a breeze. Go with the ASPCA if you decide to go with a charity IMO.

Also, the bleach idea sounds good but after 3 mo they're just not that dirty. Lucky for me so far no kids dropped gumballs in.

Archived