New Location Question

BaneTrain

So a few weeks ago I went locating with Hillbilly. One of the stops we went to already had a double but it was empty. We asked what was the deal with it and they said when they moved locations they left him a note and tried contacting him but weren't able to. I asked if I could place mine there and I got the approval to do so. Hillbilly recognized the other vendors equipment and contacted him to let him know where it was. Hillbilly told him I had got the location and he thanked Hillbilly for letting him know where it was and said he'd pick it up. Low and behold he didn't. Instead of being appreciative he was able to locate his equipment, he had to fill his machines back up which are right next to mine. I have attached the picture of his equipment. He is vending coated sweet tarts and Nerds Gumballs 2 for 25 cents. His machine supports charity which mine also does (I kept it a charity spot since it already was). I am vending skittles at 13 per quarter and Dubble Bubble Gumballs one for a quarter. Should I put in a 2 for 25 wheel as well, switch it up with another candy?

New Location (Competitors Equipment)

2 for 25 on a premium filled gumball? Must be trying to edge you out.

Keep the skittles. Margin is good, sales will stay.

As for the Dubble Bubble, I'd let it sit for one cycle as is, and see if the sales are still decent. If the other op is known to let their equipment rot empty, then you just have to wait for him to sell out. If the sales aren't up to par, swap the gum out for either another candy, or if you want to fight it out with the guy for sales, Squishland. It's in 27mm round caps, so you don't need to swap wheels. That's about the only thing in 27mm range that can edge out Nerds Gum and still be profitable. Whatever you opt to do, good luck!

Thanks Performa! What if I went with a certain flavor of gumballs such as very cherry? I like the idea of the Squishland but this is in an industrial office setting. It is at the front entrance and their main business is water pipes, plumbing, etc. At least at that location. So there is walk in traffic and also an office full of guys with one or two women. If I put in another candy, what would you do? Runts?

Also, you would know better than me. I have looked into it and the cheapest box of Nerd Gumballs I have ever seen is $40. Is he making any kind of margin off a case when normal price is what $50 plus or is it like you said and he's trying to push me out. 

I actually sell more Mike and ikes than pm me and rp at my bar locations. I also have a head for mentos at one of them. It was there when I bough the route, but it's doing really strong numbers @ 2 for .25.

Heck ya keep the location..put in 2 good sellers and just play the waiting game..his machine is bound to go empty again and then DO NOT CALL him back..just let the location take care of it.

We played this game with a local ford vendor here..his machines were ALWAYS empty..we start gaining locations..well a couple real good stops called telling him hey come pick up your machine..he comes in begging to leave his stuff behind cause hes a charity guy and he will take better care then he has been.. so the locations felt sorry for him..well a couple months went by and sure enough empty again.. locations called and called he woudnt answer so I know of a couple spots that the machine went to the dumpster. I also notice alot more of his stops are empty so its very easy for me to walk in and place a brand new shiny filled machine and boot him out.

When I see blue ford machines in my neck of the woods when I walk in a location to locate I can bet 98 percent of the time my machine will get in and the Ford machine will be booted to back room or dumpster if its not picked up.

Recees pieces or mm peanut. There is still room to make money on these.

Ehhh I have been trying to stay away from these. They haven't done too well for me. 

I actually sell more Mike and ikes than pm me and rp at my bar locations. I also have a head for mentos at one of them. It was there when I bough the route, but it's doing really strong numbers @ 2 for .25.

I've never tried Mike and Ikes before. I have always been curious about them but no store here carries them in bulk. 

Heck ya keep the location..put in 2 good sellers and just play the waiting game..his machine is bound to go empty again and then DO NOT CALL him back..just let the location take care of it.

We played this game with a local ford vendor here..his machines were ALWAYS empty..we start gaining locations..well a couple real good stops called telling him hey come pick up your machine..he comes in begging to leave his stuff behind cause hes a charity guy and he will take better care then he has been.. so the locations felt sorry for him..well a couple months went by and sure enough empty again.. locations called and called he woudnt answer so I know of a couple spots that the machine went to the dumpster. I also notice alot more of his stops are empty so its very easy for me to walk in and place a brand new shiny filled machine and boot him out.

When I see blue ford machines in my neck of the woods when I walk in a location to locate I can bet 98 percent of the time my machine will get in and the Ford machine will be booted to back room or dumpster if its not picked up.

Yeah I am trying to figure out what another good seller would be. Skittles seems solid there. I checked on it yesterday. Haha that's hilarious I wish they had done that to his stuff! I have been to several locations in my area and seen his equipment bone dry or the candy looks disgusting. For one location I didn't ask about putting mine in, figured it wouldn't be worth it but now it's an all out war against him. 

When someone does this to me, I install 10 cent mechs until they pull there's out. I am usually polite enough to call them and tell them i understand its a free country, but since it is and I have a couple thousand machines, I can leave it at .10 until he removes his. I explain that I never place a machine where someone else does and i hope and expect that no-one places one at my location.

Again, I do it very politely and even offer a few ideas if they are newbies.

Archived