almost newbie needs advice on selling

aswilen

Hi'

I've had two machines in one snack room of an office building for two years. The machines are probably 20-30 years old and work well. The location grosses about 190 a month on average. What is a reasonable price for it?

thanks in advance 

one machine is a Dixie Narco 8 selection drink machine, the other is a Automatic Product Snackshop .

Both seemed to have been refurbished 8 years ago.

Why do you say that it should never be worth more than 1000?

I say that because machines that old hold very little value, and the account doing $190/month also holds very little value. A large company won't see much value if any, and a small vendor won't see much value either but the location won't generate much profits so why would a small vendor pay much when they could get much nicer/newer used equipment for better locations? That's why I can't see many people paying much for the location. 

Now, if the snacksop (need model numbers) has been upgraded with a newer board and drop sensors and MDB components,  it will have better value. If it has a mars vn 2000 in it, then it's decent.  Being refurbished 8 years ago is meaningless now. What matters is what it is (model number), what parts are inside,  and the current condition. The same goes for the dixie.  I have a strong suspicion that they aren't the more than $800 combined as equipment alone.

Top dollar on the cash flow is $1100. The 8-button DN puts it early 90's at the newest, most likely late 80's. If the snack were purchased at the same time it's a 6000/7000 A/P.  With no 2K technology, Chris is right at $800 to a small/medium sized company. A large vendor would not buy this at all.

Archived