Differences between DN 2145 and DN 5591

PinkJazzX

I was wondering, does anyone know the exact differences between the DN 2145 and DN 5591? I know the 2145 was originally designed by ECC, who was eventually bought by D-N, while the 5591 was an updated version released by D-N in the late 1990s or early 2000s.

I was wondering, does anyone know the exact differences between the two models?

As far as I can remember, there is really not a whole lot of differences between the 2. The 2145 was a modification of the original 6 tray 2054s Snapple machine to allow 20 oz drinks. When Dixie bought it they had to distinguish their machine from ECC's so a model number change was needed. I believe that if you take an MDB ECC and an MDB Dixie you would be hard pressed to find many parts that were different.

As far as I can remember, there is really not a whole lot of differences between the 2. The 2145 was a modification of the original 6 tray 2054s Snapple machine to allow 20 oz drinks. When Dixie bought it they had to distinguish their machine from ECC's so a model number change was needed. I believe that if you take an MDB ECC and an MDB Dixie you would be hard pressed to find many parts that were different.

I thought those were all Dixie Narcos. Shows how much I know about the older glassfronts, right?

Parts are the same, difference is mainly in programming options. You have additional options on the 5591 vs the 2145.

In fact, the VERY first machine I bought (from Ebay), the guy told me it was a 2145.....however the controller board is from a 5591 and it works just fine. Had a hard time getting repairs originally as I kept telling my repair guy it was a 2145 and he kept telling me that I was wrong. Finally I showed him the sticker on the inside that said it was a 2145, he showed me the programming options that was only available in the 5591 and we finally agreed that it was a 2145 shell, with a 5591 brain.

Travis

Archived