Dn5000 water leak

rookie514

My dn5000 leaked a large amount of water while on. This has happened 3times in the last year. I opened machine and the grate that covers the compressor was wet and water was pooled on the bottom. No prob with temperature as machine blows ice cold. Ideas?

well two possibilities i can think of is either your coils iced over and melted subsequently or your evap tray overflowed.

so far as i know the only water comes from whats being pulled out of the air (like your home a/c) and it goes into an evap tray. See if that tray is always full, if it is you can try replacing it with a bigger bottle but that will only work temporarily becaue it will stop evaporating correctly.

things to check would be delivery door being stuck, door not sealing well, and possibly the thermostat going bad or the coils being dirty.

hopefully someone else has more tips for you, but the main thing is you need to figure out if its icing over or overflowing the tray.

dog is right on with his comments. The DN5000 series seems to ice up on occasion just because it can. We always would change out the thermostats to ones that sense the evap temp and not rely on the air temp sensing ones. But there is a couple of things I can add. If your unit is "ice cold" maybe it is just a bit to cold. You can try to turn up the temp just a bit which will lessen the icing. The other thing is to check your drain hose that goes to the drain pan and make sure that it is not clogged. Any water that is in the bottom of the machine should make it to the drain pan. If it doesn't due to a clogged hose or not being level it can create excessive freezing

dog is right on with his comments. The DN5000 series seems to ice up on occasion just because it can. We always would change out the thermostats to ones that sense the evap temp and not rely on the air temp sensing ones. But there is a couple of things I can add. If your unit is "ice cold" maybe it is just a bit to cold. You can try to turn up the temp just a bit which will lessen the icing. The other thing is to check your drain hose that goes to the drain pan and make sure that it is not clogged. Any water that is in the bottom of the machine should make it to the drain pan. If it doesn't due to a clogged hose or not being level it can create excessive freezing

Agree with the previous posts. A simple thing to try is to get a couple of sponges and make an "A" frame structure using a small zip tie and then place in the drip pan. The excess water will wick up into the sponge and dramatically increase the surface area for evaporation and should help reduce the problem.

Thank you all for the quick and detailed responses. I will try all the sugestions. As of yesterday it wasnt leaking at all. Maybe it was a fluke. :)

hey if you have had "large amount of water" come out of the machine on several occassions

you are probably risking an issue with the location (assuming its indoors)

you should probably take missions advice until you get it figured out

• 3 weeks later...

Archived