Dumb Idea? Pet Food Vending

Buckeye

I remember as a kid going to the zoo and putting quarters into candy machines to get fish food to feed the koi, or food to feed the goats, etc. So why couldn't you put dog food(or cat food) in a Northwestern and put it in a dog park, vet's office, etc? Any thoughts?

I have an image of dog after dog walking into a vet's office, getting a whiff of the vittles in the machine, and the owner having to wait that way in the lobby for 45 minutes with a howling dog. Probably shouldn't put my phone number on that machine!

Buckeye

• 1 month later...

Plus, most pet owners are particular about what food they feed their pets. You'd have to offer almost every kind of pet food under the sun to satisfy the customers, and you probably wouldn't sell enough before it went bad. You'd be better off selling treats or clean-up supplies (bags for pet poop, etc.) and maybe toys. You'd probably need something other than a conventional bulk machine to vend these items, though.

place here called "only puppies" or something like that they have about 10 bulk machines in the store full of kibble

to feed the pups. i asked them they said 9 out of 10 people come in just to pet the dogs and leave kids like to feed them so they make

a bit of extra money from the foot traffic

At my vets office they the people behind the counter when you walk have a jar of treats they give to the dogs and cats. When we finially get in to see the vet they usually give more treats to build some trust with the animal. My old dog actually got excited to go to the vets, just not the exam room.

Archived