New Forum Member from Western Pennsylvania

BondoFox

Greetings!

I'm Chris, owner of my new startup Vixxen Vending out of Eau Claire, PA. And I'm happy to be here!

I'm very small, only been poking at this for a little under 2 years and hoping for bigger things as I go on. I don't have a mint, I can't buy machines the way I'd like to, but I try to make do with the ones I have and if nothing is pressing for payment, I cycle the money back into the business and work to obtain machines and product. Baby steps, y'know.

Here's to a profitable 2012 to all of us!

Greetings!

I'm Chris, owner of my new startup Vixxen Vending out of Eau Claire, PA. And I'm happy to be here!

I'm very small, only been poking at this for a little under 2 years and hoping for bigger things as I go on. I don't have a mint, I can't buy machines the way I'd like to, but I try to make do with the ones I have and if nothing is pressing for payment, I cycle the money back into the business and work to obtain machines and product. Baby steps, y'know.

Here's to a profitable 2012 to all of us!

Welcome to the forum, slow and steady wins the race.

Greetings!

Eau Claire, PA? My grand parents were from that area and we used to have family reunions in that park just off of Route 38. I remember it well. But is seems like slim pickings for vending machines in that rural area. Unless you head on down to that big town of Butler, PA where I am from! LOL. Have fun and hope you find some good spots in that neck of the woods. And of course, GO STEELERS!

Eau Claire, PA? My grand parents were from that area and we used to have family reunions in that park just off of Route 38. I remember it well. But is seems like slim pickings for vending machines in that rural area. Unless you head on down to that big town of Butler, PA where I am from! LOL. Have fun and hope you find some good spots in that neck of the woods. And of course, GO STEELERS!

Dude, I live right ON Route 38, and Butler is MY hometown, too! You may be old enough to remember my dad's shoe store, Yost's Foot-so-Port on North Main Street!

You'd be surprised, pickings aren't as great as they'd be in Butler or in a bigger city, but there're places waiting for me to to hit as soon as I can get my paws on some new machines. I'm 20-30 minutes away from Grove City and Slippery Rock, 2 of my best machines are at my oldest nephew's Fox's Pizza Den in SR. My new hotspot is in West Sunbury, I put in a 50c 2" capsule machine vending NFL collector logo ceramic cups, and in a week I nearly sold out! I also have a Buzz Bite and Vendstar 6000 there.

Up the road I have Emlenton, Clintonville, a few others, all with businesses willing to put in machines to help a charity and myself.

Where're you at now, man? We can have an Old Home Week B)

You may be old enough to remember my dad's shoe store, Yost's Foot-so-Port on North Main Street

Yes, jax is definitely OLD enough! :P

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

Dude, I live right ON Route 38, and Butler is MY hometown, too! You may be old enough to remember my dad's shoe store, Yost's Foot-so-Port on North Main Street!

You'd be surprised, pickings aren't as great as they'd be in Butler or in a bigger city, but there're places waiting for me to to hit as soon as I can get my paws on some new machines. I'm 20-30 minutes away from Grove City and Slippery Rock, 2 of my best machines are at my oldest nephew's Fox's Pizza Den in SR. My new hotspot is in West Sunbury, I put in a 50c 2" capsule machine vending NFL collector logo ceramic cups, and in a week I nearly sold out! I also have a Buzz Bite and Vendstar 6000 there.

To be honest, I don't remember that specific shoe store. But I do remember a class mate's father that also had a popular shoe store on North Main Street, called Miller's Shoes (which I think is still there). But there were tons of shoe stores downtown back in the 70's when the steel mills and the union workers ruled.

Sounds like you are the only bulk guy in some of those small towns with lots of "unpicked fruit" available to you. I guess the old "judging a book by it's cover" expression still rules and we just never know until we knock on those doors. But save a few spots for me, just in case I ever move back there! LOL

To be honest, I don't remember that specific shoe store. But I do remember a class mate's father that also had a popular shoe store on North Main Street, called Miller's Shoes (which I think is still there). But there were tons of shoe stores downtown back in the 70's when the steel mills and the union workers ruled.

Sounds like you are the only bulk guy in some of those small towns with lots of "unpicked fruit" available to you. I guess the old "judging a book by it's cover" expression still rules and we just never know until we knock on those doors. But save a few spots for me, just in case I ever move back there! LOL

Yeah, Miller's is still there, though he doesn't repair shoes. My dad, Elmer Yost, was the last in Butler to go in that department. He's now in Sunnyview Nursing Home, wheelchair bound. If you're old enough to remember Isaly's, he was right next door to them, then in '73 he moved up next door to King's Jewelry in King's old location.

Why is this relevant to vending? Someone put a gum machine for charity in his store, that makes it all right B)

Oh, there's always untapped potential, a good businessman finds it! Have you ever read Small Change: Insider Vending Secrets Exposed ? Never pre-judge! ;)

Hey Bondo, I guess we are neighbors kind of. Sounds like I'm about 5-6 hours from you. I've been vending for a little over 2 years and I love it. I have about 100 machines out now and just steadily keep plowing away.

Good luck.

Archived