MDB DBV not being recognized

Mooman333

I am trying to upgrade my machine so that I can give change for $5 bills, therefore I am using a 6 tube changer with a new DBV.

The machine is a DN 501T, it has an S2-D board installed; Coinco Bill Pro with Coinco Guardian.

The harness adapts the coin mech port on the board to a MDB style plug.

The machine will recognize the coin mech but it will not recognize the DBV (i know it works). The DBV cycles every time you press the door switch but then it appears to loose power to it, won't respond to bills and won't respond if you try to change setting on DBV.

On the S2-D diag menu, it recognizes the coin mech as MDB. When you select Na (note acceptor in the menu), it either thinks that a lower level (reads LL) bill validator is hooked up to it, or it doesn't even recognize the DBV at all.

What is wrong here?

Does the S2-D have the capability to work with any MDB components hooked up to it?

Do I need to find a harness that plugs into the coin mech port as well as the DBV port on the S2-D board for this to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am not very sure... maybe 35% sure... but I do think that you need a harness and hook the validator up to the mech. The coin-mech generally needs to recognize the DBV for the DBV to work (especially on MDB to my knowledge). I am not familiar with the 501T (off the top of my head, I think it's can-only) but I just get that feeling that you need the mech hooked up to the DBV or it simply won't operate (which may explain why it lights up and cycles but will not be recognized.. it has power but no communication).

You can try giving Dixie Narco a call and see what they have to say, it's an easy phone call that may solve the problem if someone more technical doesn't respond to you.

DN's number is 800-688-9090 and you may consider looking this number up for verification. DN is owned by crane but their DN department operates separately from the rest of Crane to my knowledge.

I wouldn't necessarily order from them as you may be able to get parts much cheaper at a more local vending parts distributor.

What type of bill acceptor are you using and are you using the MDB plug? Coin Pros come in many styles and without knowing exactly which one you have may muddy the waters.

Now the machine will inhibit the validator if the interlock switch is not in the operating position. Did you fill the coin mech? If so try making some vends with about $5.00 in change and see if that helps.

Read through this thread for some better understanding of what we need (and don;t need)

Of course, that was my thread as well.

I am using the standard MDB piggy back plug. So the coin mech and the DBV are hooked together. Both are hooked into the coin mech port on the motherboard of the pop machine.

The coin mech has $53 dollars in coins in it, so it being empty is not the issue.

The DBV is a BP4BX.

Today I also tried an old BA32 MDB DBV and it would not recognize it either. The motherboard on the pop machine thinks that there is a "lower level" bill validator attached, or it wont recognize anything there at all.

Tech support has been closed for the holidays, I will be contacting them tomorrow if i don't get it figured out. I will post my results once i get everything working. Thanks for you input so far guys.

I have had somewhat of a similar problem such as yours

When I attached my used MDB DBV to my coin changer it would work for a little bit and then it would just stop working after a few minutes

It was really weird and frustrating

I talked to a company and just decided to order a refurbished MDB DBV and when I hooked it up my problem was solved

I feel like it's a problem with the DBV being in its used old condition

Who knows maybe dirty and dusty on the inside

I would suggest just ordering a refurbished MDB DBV and trying that like I did

But I am no expert and this is what helped me from my experience

I would suggest just ordering a refurbished MDB DBV and trying that like I did

But I am no expert and this is what helped me from my experience

This is why it is some what frustrating to me... both the coin mech and bill validator are BRAND NEW! Not even refirbished, NEW.

Pretty expensive upgrade for me, especially when it wont work.

Yet again, a DBV problem was solved by switching coin mechanisms.

I am stunned. The Guardian was brand new. I messed with every setting I could and it still wouldn't work with the DBV. I put in an old Conlux 5 and it worked as soon as I plugged it in.

I think this is a lesson to everyone, just because a component is new, doesn't mean it is functional. This mech even has on board diagnostics and testing and it passes all test. I am going to do some further testing on this coin mech on different machines and DBV to see if i can come up with anything... but I will assume that I will be returning the coin mech for a new one.

I know in the future, I will always take one or two spare coin mechanism with me when I go to repair a machine on site!

Thanks for everyone's input. This website is a world of help.

Archived