Full line vending locations that work 24/7

Dennis23

I would like some input on how other companies handle locations that require service 7 days a week.

Service end of the day on friday and first on monday. If this is not enough then add more equipment. If this still is not enough, don't make any weekend plans ;)

JD

Service end of the day on friday and first on monday. If this is not enough then add more equipment. If this still is not enough, don't make any weekend plans ;)

JD

I have several 24/7 accounts that I do monday, wednesday, friday.

You can increase service days. Are you wanting information on how to handle repair issues that come up at night or weekends. If thats the questions, you could have someone use a cell phone to answer calls. They would get some kind of pay increase for doing that each week. Thats how we did it and thats how many social service organizations handle it with their case workers.

Hope that helps.

Poplady

No different than any other account other than usually more machines, more product, more days serviced. Fix machines when the break in a timely manner, usually within the hour or so.....

I should clarify my question. Most of the accounts I'm talking about have from 550 to 900 employees. It is not an option not filling the machines on the weekend if we want to hold onto them. I'm wondering what others have done to eliminate employees getting burnt out. We have full time maintenance men that are on call 24/7. I would appreciate any ideas you may have. I have been where the employees are and would like to make life a little better for them.

Thanks

Dennis

I should clarify my question. Most of the accounts I'm talking about have from 550 to 900 employees. It is not an option not filling the machines on the weekend if we want to hold onto them. I'm wondering what others have done to eliminate employees getting burnt out. We have full time maintenance men that are on call 24/7. I would appreciate any ideas you may have. I have been where the employees are and would like to make life a little better for them.

Thanks

Dennis

I worked in the Communications business as a operations manager in my former career and we use to rotate technicians on weekends. depending how many employees you have to chose from lets say eight for an example each employee would work one weekend approx. every two months. They would be paid a premium (not necessarily overtime or time and a half) to take the sting out. without knowing the number of employees involved I will throw a rotating schedule at you where if possible the employee would work saturday sunday and have monday tuesday off, again every two months or so.

The biggest thing you can do to not kill morale if you decide to work a schedule like above is to plan it out as far as you can in advance so your crew can plan also. Nothing will kill the morale or professional attitude of your crew more than " you need or have to work this weekend" Times two in the summer. That way there are no surprises and dont forget to factor in vacations and holidays. You might even cut the weekend into two parts with one employees week ending on saturday and another employees week starting on sunday when its their turn on the schedule.

My vending business is a two person operation for the most part (My wife and I with my grown kids and my best friend as backups) so I havent had to cross this bridge in the vending world, but I use to schedule 120 technicians every week and there are about a dozen ways to slice this apple. I hope I have helped or at least given you something to ponder

Snack Dude

Thanks Snack Dude we are using some of your suggestions but not all so I have some more useful ideas to work with. I'm new to forums but I'm truly enjoying being able to get new suggestions. Two heads (or more) are always better than one.

I worked in the Communications business as a operations manager in my former career and we use to rotate technicians on weekends. depending how many employees you have to chose from lets say eight for an example each employee would work one weekend approx. every two months. They would be paid a premium (not necessarily overtime or time and a half) to take the sting out. without knowing the number of employees involved I will throw a rotating schedule at you where if possible the employee would work saturday sunday and have monday tuesday off, again every two months or so.

The biggest thing you can do to not kill morale if you decide to work a schedule like above is to plan it out as far as you can in advance so your crew can plan also. Nothing will kill the morale or professional attitude of your crew more than " you need or have to work this weekend" Times two in the summer. That way there are no surprises and dont forget to factor in vacations and holidays. You might even cut the weekend into two parts with one employees week ending on saturday and another employees week starting on sunday when its their turn on the schedule.

My vending business is a two person operation for the most part (My wife and I with my grown kids and my best friend as backups) so I havent had to cross this bridge in the vending world, but I use to schedule 120 technicians every week and there are about a dozen ways to slice this apple. I hope I have helped or at least given you something to ponder

Snack Dude

Great post..

Poplady

Any of the solutions presented are workable. One thing to keep in mind is to get buy in from your employees. Sit down with them, explain the situation, present some options on how make it work and let them give you feedback. Fashion the solution with their input and you will have a lot less resistance to the changes you need to make.

Archived