Vending Ideas

KPHudson

Hi! I'm vending mainly candy right now, but looking for vending ideas/products outside the box, and not in an over saturated market....any ideas out there? I'm open to franchise like opps as well.

Off the top of my head... I will throw out some ideas but I am not sure if they are even available in your area (ie. no manufacturers of vending machines or marketing options to really get started) but here it goes....

1) T-shirt vending

2) Gadget Vending at malls

3) Bait vending at VERY SPECIFIC LOCATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Also... I *think* that amusement vending is not "over saturated" in the sense that there aren't too many vendors out there... HOWEVER... from my limited experiences, it seems as if the existing amusement operators have things pretty much on lockdown... so unless you could break into this market with a more revolutionary amusement vending concept, there really is too much "competition."

I guess I am not a revolutionary business person... I like to play it safe... find a proven business and try to make it more efficient rather than testing the waters in an entirely different operation that may or may not have been tried before but simply never took off...

Just my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I live in a place that is very outdoor style amusements; parks, piers, rivers, fishing spots, marinas, you get the idea. So my idea was to put out 2-4 machine racks to vend the following products in capsules:

Individual Packet Sanitary Hand Wipes (great for cleaning the kids or getting bait juice off your hands)

Individual Packet Sunscreen Wipes

Individual Packet Glass and Screen Wipes (so they can clean there dirty glasses and smart phones as needed)

Individual Packet Aloe Vera Lotion (good for general moisturizing after being in the sun all day and also soothing for sunburn)

I did some research on costs for a few 'out of the box' type products, most of these can be bought in quantities as small as 100 for around .05 to .08 per piece, which is pretty good compared to a lot of products. The capsules to package them would run up the cost a little more, but could probably be offset by buying larger quantities of product for even deeper discounts.

look into ATM's not exactly different but not your normal candy or snack. plus much more money to be made with less work

More money. Deffinatly. Less work. Not the case. Tie up a bunch of cash. Certainly.

One of my 2 ATM's was filled by the location out of the till. It was a sweathear deal from a gas station owning friends. Their Second Gas station I filled. If sucked 15k every 3 days from truckers travelres etc. and the commission we split was like 1700 per month.

Not necissarily less work. We had a revolving cash credit account with the bank. Worked ok even with the fees.

Needless to say I have one for sale :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wal-Mart sells nylon stockings in 2" capsules, but they don't do it out of a machine. They are just in a bin out in the aisles. Why not buy up a load and encapsulate them, and sell them in business districts. All the women professionals might need a spare nylon stockings once in a while.

Archived