can someone identify this crane

dogcow

Not sure who makes it. Birmingham vending has them referb. For 650 with a dba. How much was that one?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

got it for 150 needs power supp.

guy had it in his location didnt want to deal with fixing it

ended up getting the location and the old nonworking crane

I think this is the company.

http://www.unitedtextile.net/Index.asp

thanks i knew i saw it somewhere before.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a united Textiles Crane

They are out of New jersey

http://www.unitedtextile.net/

They been in business a long time.

The used to make the Grayhound metal cranes and still make the crane above new.

Parts are available and Most problems are a easy fix

If your having a issue let me know i can help with most errors with these i have owned 10 grayhounds, 4-5 of this series

most of the problems with sound can be speaker related due to paper cone and age... try replacing speaker with a diffrent one

the paper tends to break down over years and not work as well

also if the harness is jamma style try cleaning both sides of the gold contacts with a contact cleaner or any alcohol based cleaners like non girly hand sanitizer

i had one with issues once i cleaned all contacts and reseated them the crane has not been a problem for years

bill

Its a united Textiles Crane

They are out of New jersey

http://www.unitedtextile.net/

They been in business a long time.

The used to make the Grayhound metal cranes and still make the crane above new.

Parts are available and Most problems are a easy fix

If your having a issue let me know i can help with most errors with these i have owned 10 grayhounds, 4-5 of this series

most of the problems with sound can be speaker related due to paper cone and age... try replacing speaker with a diffrent one

the paper tends to break down over years and not work as well

also if the harness is jamma style try cleaning both sides of the gold contacts with a contact cleaner or any alcohol based cleaners like non girly hand sanitizer

i had one with issues once i cleaned all contacts and reseated them the crane has not been a problem for years

bill

Bill,

Thanks for the tips I'll give it a shot. I am actually quite impressed by the design of this crane. It looks like they designed it so it was very simple to build and service them. The old Smart cranes I have have a million doors and no wheels getting to the control board is a hassle. On the treasure chest crane it was very easy to remove the control box for repainting.

I still cant figure how to configure it, do you know what controls the vend price and modes of play? i think i got the hang of how to calibrate the claw, my other cranes only have one pot for strength but i think i have it dialed in i just want to set it to $1 winner every time.

http://www.weinerd.c...asure-Chest.JPG

Can someone identify the manufactuerer of crane above and where I might find parts?

I have lots of parts for those cranes...manual, circuit boards etc. The cranes are discontinued and parts are no longer available. Like I said I have boards and bridges and all sorts of stuff for those cranes.

I have power supplies for them also....And a manual

Bill,

Thanks for the tips I'll give it a shot. I am actually quite impressed by the design of this crane. It looks like they designed it so it was very simple to build and service them. The old Smart cranes I have have a million doors and no wheels getting to the control board is a hassle. On the treasure chest crane it was very easy to remove the control box for repainting.

I still cant figure how to configure it, do you know what controls the vend price and modes of play? i think i got the hang of how to calibrate the claw, my other cranes only have one pot for strength but i think i have it dialed in i just want to set it to $1 winner every time.

The dynamics is all set up on dipswitch settings.....There should be a bank #1 and Bank #2 on the circuit board....they are blue with about 10 small white switches on them .....switch it to one side and its "off" flip the switch to the other side and its "on". So to give you and example the dipswiche setting for a win every time is like follows. (Just example..I will have to look at the manual to see what the settings really are

Bank #1

1 on

2 on

3 on

4 off

5 off

6 on

7off

8 on

9 on

10 on

Bank #2

1 off

2 off

3 off

4 on

5 on

6 off

7 on

8 off

9 off

10 off

send me a PM and I will send you my cell number and we can talk on the phone if you need

Archived