Moving drink machines

cashman

I purchased a couple of drink machines ( older machines, late 80s) Dixies my question is... Can I lay these down for moving them ( on their side) I know not to plug them in for 24 hours after moving them but anything other concerns ? Please let me know if this is a big no no.

Thanks.

I purchased a couple of drink machines ( older machines, late 80s) Dixies my question is... Can I lay these down for moving them ( on their side) I know not to plug them in for 24 hours after moving them but anything other concerns ? Please let me know if this is a big no no.

Thanks.

I lay them on their back and have been able to plug them in without a problem(I think its the way the lines are routed up the front of the machine).

John

I lay mine down all the time to transport them. Let them stand up for 24 hours just to make sure coolant is in compressor.

I did this with the first machine i bought. When i unloaded it and opened it, the shims were everywhere except where they were suppose to be... i had never even seen the inside of a pop machine before so i was slightly confused. If you are not familiar with shim set up, check it out first.

Archived