DN glassfront

snack dude

I have come to the Mount seeking wisdom......I bought an old I am guessing 1st version DN glass front ( the one where the bottles free fall)at an auction. They almost paid me to take it which is how I ended up with it. I had to put a validator in it and I fired it up and everything works good even the drop sensor and it looks pretty after I cleaned it up. The only thing I worry about is bottles from the top couple of rows hit the slide at the bottom pretty hard. Has anybody tried putting a piece of carpet or a towel or something soft at the bottom to keep the bottles from hitting so hard. The bottom of the machine has a ledge or slide that the bottles hit and then slide down to three holes in the bottom of the machine so I know that if you soffen it up too much that would affect the sliding part.

Just wondering if some of you who are really experienced with these old glassfronts have a solution.

All the ones I have up to this point have elevators or belts

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

Snack Dude

I own 5 of these machines as well, and dont have a problem, although i do have snack trays on the first 2 rows. They have served me well.

I am wanting to get some more of these machines for a few reasons

1. there simple to fix

2. there dirt cheap

3. they are all mostly MDB (except for some of the earlier ECC machines)

4. They work for all types of smaller locations, as even with non air conditioned shops you dont have to worry about melted choclate and such.

When I do get one or more in I give them a good cleaning, and repaint if needed. I also like to throw some new vinyl decals on to make it look new. All the units I have never needed much more than that except some bottle pusher assemblies.

I own 5 of these machines as well, and dont have a problem, although i do have snack trays on the first 2 rows. They have served me well.

I am wanting to get some more of these machines for a few reasons

1. there simple to fix

2. there dirt cheap

3. they are all mostly MDB (except for some of the earlier ECC machines)

4. They work for all types of smaller locations, as even with non air conditioned shops you dont have to worry about melted choclate and such.

When I do get one or more in I give them a good cleaning, and repaint if needed. I also like to throw some new vinyl decals on to make it look new. All the units I have never needed much more than that except some bottle pusher assemblies.

Did you buy these with snack trays or convert yourself. I wanted to convert a few that I have but was quoted NZ$1800 which is about US$1400 which I thought was crazy! I think that was only for 1 tray conversion too. Do you know how much a conversion tray costs in the USA? I currently do what mission says & vend non carb from top 2 shelfs but would convert if price wasn't so high.

The theory behind this machine is that of a water slide. The bottles free fall and then hit the ramp to lessen the blow of Ann actual free fall. It works pretty good in theory but your carbonated drinks will fizz. The original design es for Snapple which had thick glass bottles and was not carbonated

I put things like lighter teas and gatorade on the top shelves, carbonated 20 oz. in the middle, and glass and 12 oz. on the bottom. Never had any problems. I would much more prefer the bottle drops over the elevator ones though. The elevator machines seem like they can be prone to failure. There are so many motors and mechanisms. Also, what happens when the elevator doesn't work? YOU DON'T GET A SODA. What happens when a row on a bottle drop doesn't work? You still have 44 other selections, and the machine continues to generate revenue. The one problem with the bottle drops is that when those bottles hit that delivery bucket so many times, the drop sensors can get off and not line up. Then it won't vend anything. That's why I usually unplug mine and turn them off.

Thanks to all for your insights. I have already determined that the pepsi and coke type products will go on the bottom two rows and the juices (in plastic) and gatorades are on top with the teas and fruit drinks in the middle. I will probably play with it some while I find a place to park it.

Thanks again

Snack Dude

Thanks to all for your insights. I have already determined that the pepsi and coke type products will go on the bottom two rows and the juices (in plastic) and gatorades are on top with the teas and fruit drinks in the middle. I will probably play with it some while I find a place to park it.

Thanks again

Snack Dude

My service guys also used to spray non-silicone spray on the landing areas. They can get sticky and this helps move things along...

Poplady

Wow, expensive!

The last "kit" I bought for 2 trays was 700.00 (canadian) with coils (which I still think is a bit too much). But c0nsidering you can get these machines for next to nothing, your entire investment in having a refrigerated combo machine is very reasonable. The last glassfront I got for $200.00, so 900.00 later I got a glassfront machine that can vend products anywhere from a hot warehouse to a air conditioned office breakroom.

I only wish these trays originally came from a snack machine, as you could buy an entire snack machine and steal the trays out of it for less.

The other nice thing about these machines is that if you have a pallet jack, and a drop trailer you can easily move them anywhere without killing your back.

Like I sadi earlier I do refurb these when i get them and out new decals on both sides and the front, and can create custom decals for locations if wanted. The vinyl shop I use charges me $45.00 for the printed vinyl - i have to install myself for that price.

Wow, expensive!

The last "kit" I bought for 2 trays was 700.00 (canadian) with coils (which I still think is a bit too much). But c0nsidering you can get these machines for next to nothing, your entire investment in having a refrigerated combo machine is very reasonable. The last glassfront I got for $200.00, so 900.00 later I got a glassfront machine that can vend products anywhere from a hot warehouse to a air conditioned office breakroom.

I only wish these trays originally came from a snack machine, as you could buy an entire snack machine and steal the trays out of it for less.

The other nice thing about these machines is that if you have a pallet jack, and a drop trailer you can easily move them anywhere without killing your back.

Like I sadi earlier I do refurb these when i get them and out new decals on both sides and the front, and can create custom decals for locations if wanted. The vinyl shop I use charges me $45.00 for the printed vinyl - i have to install myself for that price.

That is so cheap! I wish I never asked you how much you pay because now I fell like I have been getting ripped off! The last glasstront (DN5591) I brought cost me NZ$3500 & I thought that was a good deal. The cheapest glassfront here would cost NZ$2500 but that would be a 2145 model. So if I added the price I payed for the machine & conversion it would of cost me NZ$5300 which is abit expensive especially compared to what you pay. I wish I could use your machines here but we operate on 240V-50Hz so don't think machines would like it very much. I guess it my fault for living on the otherside of the world which make things more expensive to freight.

Could you explain to me what a drop trailer is or post a picture of one? We use tail lift trucks to deliver machines here but would like to look into how you do it? Even though a trailer here would probably cost twice as much! lol

A drop trailer is a small trailer that has a deck on it that can be lowered to almost ground level. You can roll the machine, or whatever right onto the trailer and you don't have the risk of it falling when you lift it like you do with a traditional lift gate into the back of a truck.

A drop trailer is a small trailer that has a deck on it that can be lowered to almost ground level. You can roll the machine, or whatever right onto the trailer and you don't have the risk of it falling when you lift it like you do with a traditional lift gate into the back of a truck.

Is there a website I can look at? I did a search on google but could only find a trailer which is used for moving motorcycles but it looks to steep to roll a machine off the back.

Archived