Interesting locating approach

pdox

This is the link.

http://maine.craigslist.org/bfs/2818262106.html

Ad reads as follows.

have some Vendstar 3000, triple head vending machines, no electricity required , they need some good locations, get me a location and i'll give you 10% of what the machine brings in, a full candy machine will hold about $150 worth of candy at 25cent vends, So on a good location , you have possibility of making $15 per month, so more you help to find decent locations, 10 locations would make up to $150 , 100 locations $1500. When I place a machine in a location you give me the lead on, you can start making 10% of what the machine makes every month, can't depict what it will actually make , but I have some in locations now and they make $20 to $150. Hope to hear from you with good locations. 207-713-9268.

This is not my ad, just curious if anyone has seen or tried this approach before.

Daniel

I have some serious reservations about that. That would only be good for charity spots. There is no way I'll be paying commission to both the location AND the locator.

Recipe for disaster.

That ad leads the unknowing to believe they will wind up getting 10% of $150 per month.

The ad reads they could "possibly" get $15 per month.

Sure there's a chance at $15, the chances are slim and none.

Truth is, the collections will not likely be anywhere close to that figure.

What will happen when the locations and the locators start getting only 10% of the more realistic $20 per month?

$2 is a far cry from $15 to most people.

Recipe for disaster.

That ad leads the unknowing to believe they will wind up getting 10% of $150 per month.

The ad reads they could "possibly" get $15 per month.

Sure there's a chance at $15, the chances are slim and none.

Truth is, the collections will not likely be anywhere close to that figure.

What will happen when the locations and the locators start getting only 10% of the more realistic $20 per month?

$2 is a far cry from $15 to most people.

When I first started my vending business I had a salesman that received 10% of the sales for the first 2 years. It worked out really well for us but we were in the same city. I can't imagine this working well if you are in a different city, you don't know the vendor really well and what would you do if the commissions just stopped coming. I give the guy/gal credit for coming up with a new idea. I just wouldn't do that much work for so little income.

When I first started my vending business I had a salesman that received 10% of the sales for the first 2 years. It worked out really well for us but we were in the same city. I can't imagine this working well if you are in a different city, you don't know the vendor really well and what would you do if the commissions just stopped coming. I give the guy/gal credit for coming up with a new idea. I just wouldn't do that much work for so little income.

Just curious, Bev...

Did your salesman know the industry enough to know how much money to expect from machines on location?

If so, that would bypass some of the problems I think the ad above will generate....meaning, the ad is accepting locations on the misleading amount of $150 from a triple ea month.

Anyone with knowledge of the bulk industry knows $150 is an inflated figure...5x the average!

So if your salesman knew the industry...your paying him 10% probably went over a lot more smoothly and caused a lot less hassle than the ad above will.

Just curious, Bev...

Did your salesman know the industry enough to know how much money to expect from machines on location?

If so, that would bypass some of the problems I think the ad above will generate....meaning, the ad is accepting locations on the misleading amount of $150 from a triple ea month.

Anyone with knowledge of the bulk industry knows $150 is an inflated figure...5x the average!

So if your salesman knew the industry...your paying him 10% probably went over a lot more smoothly and caused a lot less hassle than the ad above will.

My friend was some what aware of what to expect. And he was happy with his percentage. Often we would count the coins and bills together and pull out his 10%. He had to move away after a year and a half. It got less fun and trusting once he was away. I was glad when the period was over.

My friend was some what aware of what to expect. And he was happy with his percentage. Often we would count the coins and bills together and pull out his 10%. He had to move away after a year and a half. It got less fun and trusting once he was away. I was glad when the period was over.

Thanks - good to know.

Archived