Considering Buying Revive Energy Machines for Gumballs and Bouncy Balls

MikeFeldman

Hello there, There is a fella near me with new/like new revive energy mint machines, he wants $50 dollars a piece for them , some are set up for 25. and some for 50. vends, I was going to use them to sell gumballs and bouncy balls, good idea? I am pretty new to the biz and could use some good advice, thanks.

It look like this but has a stand, the revive cover can be removed easily, I am not planning on vending an energy products. i dont think they make them anymore and I havent read to many good things about them.

this is it.

If they are genuine beaver machines, then $50 each with stand is a very good deal.

I'm still kind of on the fence, I have another guy who is selling 1800 vending machines for $50, I already have one of these, it is my only machine and I have it in a waiting room of an auto repair shop. The location was given to me by a locator(kickstart). it made $21.25 the first month but then I went back after 2 more weeks and there was only $3.50, I have m&ms, peanut m&ms and gumballs. gumballs sold the most. I was either going to by more 1800s and locate them myself, or start doing gumballs and toys in the revive machines, I may use a locator at first because I am not really sure where I could put them and don't have much confidence about selling rubber balls. I felt the same way before my 800 machine was located I didnt even know if it was possible.

I'm still kind of on the fence, I have another guy who is selling 1800 vending machines for $50, I already have one of these, it is my only machine and I have it in a waiting room of an auto repair shop. The location was given to me by a locator(kickstart). it made $21.25 the first month but then I went back after 2 more weeks and there was only $3.50, I have m&ms, peanut m&ms and gumballs. gumballs sold the most. I was either going to by more 1800s and locate them myself, or start doing gumballs and toys in the revive machines, I may use a locator at first because I am not really sure where I could put them and don't have much confidence about selling rubber balls. I felt the same way before my 800 machine was located I didnt even know if it was possible.

You will need to buy gumball and capsule wheel to vend gumballs and caps. They cost about 20.00 from Beaver

I just spoke to the guy with the machines , I asked him if they were made by beaver and he said he was pretty sure they weren't, I attatched a picture he sent me that he took of the machine he has. I think I'm just going to by some more 1800s this weekend and spend next week trying to locate them, I've recently lost my job and I'm really going to try my best to make my vending buisness work.

post-4156-0-45328100-1328319239_thumb.jpg

Hello there, There is a fella near me with new/like new revive energy mint machines, he wants $50 dollars a piece for them , some are set up for 25. and some for 50. vends, I was going to use them to sell gumballs and bouncy balls, good idea? I am pretty new to the biz and could use some good advice, thanks.

I would stick with the 1800's. You can still get parts and they are IMHO the best triple head machine out there.

• 5 months later...

Just remember. the lower the price you can get the guy to go the faster you will be profitable. Given that there is a stand with the machine would make $50 bucks an ok deal. However, get him to lower the price on the account of getting new locks and keys. Your numbers for that donts have to be accurate. just used as a barganing chip to lower the price.

If you say its going to cost me $25 bucks per machine for new locks and keys with shipping. The worst he can do is counter your offfer at around $35 bucks per machine. Make a a cash deal.

Then I would locate the machines myself and recoupe the money before dumping money in them to be rekeyed. Once you are in the black justifying upgrades for the machines will make sense. You will need the right off.

When You are new to vending business boot strap everything until you learn the ropes and the routines necessary to run a highly profitable route. Plus mistakes will be cheap while you are small and just setting up your route. Go for it.

I just spoke to the guy with the machines , I asked him if they were made by beaver and he said he was pretty sure they weren't, I attatched a picture he sent me that he took of the machine he has. I think I'm just going to by some more 1800s this weekend and spend next week trying to locate them, I've recently lost my job and I'm really going to try my best to make my vending buisness work.

Looks like Rhino's to me. Lowball him, if he wants out of it bad enough you get you some OK machines to add to your fleet dirt cheap, if he doesn't take it your not out anything you didn't want to be anyway. Just my 2 cents.

first post here saw this is an old thread but thought I would add my .2 cents.

I just recently purchased 20 of these old Revive machines off of craigslist for a little under 10 dollars a unit, I am very very new to bulk vending and the only other machines i have are two 1800 vending machines, I have not even had time to place any yet.

The Revive machines seem to be of decent quality they are mostly plastic with exception of the base, coin drawer, coin mec, and top. the metal parts are made up of light metal that seem of decent quality. The fact that these machines have a coin drawer is a plus, plus the fact that they have two locks so if you just what to buy them for there parts you get 2 times the locks for your money They also seem to be fairly standard parts so they should be pretty universal for machines of their style.

The only thing bad I have to say about them is that there seems to be excessive play in coin mecs to where i can wiggle the whole mec up and down a fair amount and it tends to scratch the chrome above the mecs, like I said I am new so this could be standard tolerances for coin mecs.

The coin mecs on mine where all .50 cent which is not to good for me because I am wanting to start out with candy and wait to branch out till i get established, I will probable try and see if i cant find someone that will be willing to trade my .50 for .25 mecs. Also the coin mecs seem to be interchangeable with the 1800 vending machines which I think is a big plus for me.

I can post pics later if requested.

Hope I helped someone.

I would also like to say that I have learned a lot in the little time that I have been browsing this forum and would like to thank all of the active posters for their help.

first post here saw this is an old thread but thought I would add my .2 cents.

I just recently purchased 20 of these old Revive machines off of craigslist for a little under 10 dollars a unit, I am very very new to bulk vending and the only other machines i have are two 1800 vending machines, I have not even had time to place any yet.

The Revive machines seem to be of decent quality they are mostly plastic with exception of the base, coin drawer, coin mec, and top. the metal parts are made up of light metal that seem of decent quality. The fact that these machines have a coin drawer is a plus, plus the fact that they have two locks so if you just what to buy them for there parts you get 2 times the locks for your money They also seem to be fairly standard parts so they should be pretty universal for machines of their style.

The only thing bad I have to say about them is that there seems to be excessive play in coin mecs to where i can wiggle the whole mec up and down a fair amount and it tends to scratch the chrome above the mecs, like I said I am new so this could be standard tolerances for coin mecs.

The coin mecs on mine where all .50 cent which is not to good for me because I am wanting to start out with candy and wait to branch out till i get established, I will probable try and see if i cant find someone that will be willing to trade my .50 for .25 mecs. Also the coin mecs seem to be interchangeable with the 1800 vending machines which I think is a big plus for me.

I can post pics later if requested.

Hope I helped someone.

I would also like to say that I have learned a lot in the little time that I have been browsing this forum and would like to thank all of the active posters for their help.

Where are you from? I seen an add on my local craigslist that had a guy selling a load of these machines cheap.. and they all had 50 cent mechs..so im just curious if its the same and if so how close you are to me..

No, southern IL only about a hour and a half drive for me.

She only actually had 20 machines but she had more stands than she thought. I have spent the last couple of days removing those dang revive stickers.

Archived